Noticed something this evening..

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Sitting here at my computer (at home) my phone is showing a Signal Strength that's fluctuating from -81 to -78 db, and the bars keep fluctuating from 1 to 3 (it will occasionally show 4 bars here at home, but not usually.)

So honestly, I don't think signal strength has much to do with the number of bars showing -- the fluctuation of 3 or 4 db of signal strength isn't enough to lose an entire bar (to say nothing of two bars of fluctuation.) I think the bars may be showing something akin to signal quality rather than signal strength? Just a guess though...

windstrings

Reaction score
I just tried the ##program to change the vocodec but it asked for a spc password?

Is the password unique to the prl?
Is there another way to change the vocodec?

I just made a contact so i wouldn't forget..

##776426
for password, put 6 zero's "000000" then hit "verify"

go to 04 Vocode

Try EVRC-B... that will be the cleanest unless your in a very remote area with towers that aren't modernized yet... I understand the coverage is almost complete for this vocodec, I"ve never had an issue yet here in Texas.

13K is the old technology.... it will work on everything but won't have the boldness and the body... you will hear the difference...I least I can.