Indoor signal strength, best phone?

Reaction score
I have a TB still in the 14 day window to take it back. My biggest issue is indoor signal strength, outside even on 3g (no 4g here till end of the year) it's fast, go inside and I'm lucky to get 1x or rarely a very weak 3g or nothing. Got the TB because of the 2 year contract I would be ready for 4g. I have read good and bad about the TB,Charge and Revo signals. Any advise? Maybe I should just get an X2 and forget the 4g, motorola's are supposed to have good signal strength from what I've read.

xan

Reaction score
the ones with the highest SAR rating are your best bet for indoor reception (plus you get a brain warmer to boot).

have you thought about an indoor cell repeater?

grnidkjun

Reaction score
which of the newer droids that are out and those coming soon have the higher sar ratings?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There aren't any guarantees that a specific device will improve indoor reception for you.

This is precisely what repeaters are for.

Reaction score
There aren't any guarantees that a specific device will improve indoor reception for you.

This is precisely what repeaters are for.

Yes, there were some issues with cell phone reception within my office building and they are putting in repeaters for the major carriers. Often it is the construction of the building itself, not the phone. My TB gets great reception most places.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I have a zboost repeater in my home.
It's not perfect but better than nothing.
We can't get cable or dsl internet here, only satellite and it's not fast enough and I don't think the verizon repeater is compatible with it either.