How do i uninstall superuser

terrym041

Reaction score
I rooted my phone recently and started getting sim card errors. So I need to get superuser uninstalled. I unrooted using ginger unroot. I rooted using doomlord. I just want it stock before i take it in. By the way its a razr

Last edited:

gatesjunior

Reaction score
I rooted my phone recently and started getting sim card errors. So I need to get superuser uninstalled. I unrooted using ginger unroot. I rooted using doomlord. I just want it stock before i take it in. By the way its a razr

If you used Ginger Unroot, it would remove Superuser for you, on the update I supplied on the Market. I did notice it was leaving a trace of it and fixed this in the latest update. If you want it to completely clean it now, just root again and run it with the update and it will completely remove it for you..

Last edited:

adamc9409

Reaction score
If you used Ginger Unroot, it would remove Superuser for you, on the update I supplied on the Market. I did notice it was leaving a trace of it and fixed this in the latest update. If you want it to completely clean it now, just root again and run it with the update and it will completely remove it for you..

I installed Ginger UNRoot on my Razr Maxx, and it did not remove the superuser feature. I had to unroot my phone to update the system, and now i can not re-root it. I am assuming because I have the superuser app on there and I can not remove it. Can anyone help me re-root my phone? Thank You!

Last edited:

krankie

Reaction score
Same here

I installed Ginger UNRoot on my Razr Maxx, and it did not remove the superuser feature. I had to unroot my phone to update the system, and now i can not re-root it. I am assuming because I have the superuser app on there and I can not remove it. Can anyone help me re-root my phone? Thank You!

I did the same but with my Droid Razr. I can't seem to get the Superuser off. I too need help with this. My phone updated and now the root is gone and I want to re-root it but it's not working with any program I use.

djspy

Reaction score
I also unrooted my RAZR and Super User was still there. I followed Zedomax's unrrot method using ES File explorer and it left Super User there. I went to the market and searched for super user and it said installed so i clicked unistalled and after a couple of reboots it was gone.

RDiPesa

Reaction score

Ginger Unroot at first did not uninstall Superuser on my RAZR MAXX. So, I went to "Manage Apps," selected "Superuser," selected "Force Stop," selected "Uninstall Updates," then selected "Disable." After doing all of this, I ran Ginger Unroot and Superuser was finally uninstalled. I am not sure if only a "Force Stop" was necessary, but the above-listed steps worked for me.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals here is a sure fire way to get your phone back to stock, unrooted, no super user or residue from root. If you are running .211 download and install on your computer the RazrUtility version 1.81 found here: Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only! - DroidRzr.com. You must extract the utility .zip to your c:\\, I recommend to its own folder. Unfreeze or replace any app that you may have frozen or removed...that does not include apps you've downloaded or apps that you could uninstall without root. Run the utility .bat file. Make sure you have selected usb debugging and connect your phone using the supplied usb cable select anything but Mass Storage as a usb connection. Power your phone completely off. Put your phone in AP Fastboot mode by holding down the power, volume up and volume down buttons together. You will boot into a black screen with white letters. Scroll down using the volume down button to AP Fastboot and select with the volume up bottom. (Note:The utility has the latest Moto drivers and your computer should recognize them and install them for you...give it time to do that.) Select option 1 in the utility...Restore to .211.

hamchannell

Reaction score
Same Problem

I bought Ginger and she FAILED Miserably. I have the Razr (not the Maxx) and installed Ginger Unroot. It didn't. Superuser is still there. I did open Applications / Manage Applications and scrolled down to Superuser and Force Stopped and Clear Data - though there is no Disable anywhere available for me to do that - then reran Ginger Unroot and after 3 attempts of this still it is there. I don't want my .99 cents back - i want the app to work. Developer of Ginger Unroot - tell me what to do since the app isn't doing the job.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
hamchannell said:
I bought Ginger and she FAILED Miserably. I have the Razr (not the Maxx) and installed Ginger Unroot. It didn't. Superuser is still there. I did open Applications / Manage Applications and scrolled down to Superuser and Force Stopped and Clear Data - though there is no Disable anywhere available for me to do that - then reran Ginger Unroot and after 3 attempts of this still it is there. I don't want my .99 cents back - i want the app to work. Developer of Ginger Unroot - tell me what to do since the app isn't doing the job.

Have you tried what JP mentioned in the thread above yours?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

hamchannell

Reaction score
Oh well

Just used JP's method .... now phone will only show motorola logo and go back off - not looking so good - can't even get it to load tot he fastboot screen - not a good morning so far.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just used JP's method .... now phone will only show motorola logo and go back off - not looking so good - can't even get it to load tot he fastboot screen - not a good morning so far.

If you press and hold the volume down and power button for 10 seconds the phone should reboot. As soon as the screen flashes hold the volume up and down at the same time and see if you can get into the recovery menu.

hamchannell

Reaction score
Well I just finished following JP's instructions. It seemed to work fine with the install of the original .211 (option 1) install and then when I tried to turn phone back on .... nothing - it won't turn on - all I got is the Motorola logo and then it turned off and now it doesn't even come on - so I am guessing that I am the proud owner of a bricked phone.

hamchannell

Reaction score
OK That worked and thanks

I got the menu - so a droid on his back with a chest flap open with an orange triangle with a black exclamtion mark in it indicate something good or bad lol

hamchannell

Reaction score
I got the menu - so a droid on his back with a chest flap open with an orange triangle with a black exclamtion mark in it indicate something good or bad lol

Also when I select normal power up it just goes to the Motorola Logo then screen goes Black, no booting up - no happy little animation - nada - getitng ready to try to reinstall the .211 Fastboot Restore