Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just saying hi Frasier :)

FRASIER

Reaction score
Thanks for replying sorry for taking so long to reply back as well, i'm not really for sure if it was on ICS or Gingerbread. I assume that it wasn't.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Being that it was rooted, my guess is it probably had an ICS leak installed. Did you use the phone at all before trying the utility. We may get an idea by some of the features the phone had.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the Forum, and pretty much new to everything that's being said in the forum as well. I will say after reading several forums and reading several options, I only decided to join the forum because of the positive feedback. Honestly, it put a smile on my face. It may not matter to most, but it goes a long way in my book. Well what brings me here is i received a droid razr, model xt912, and it has a superuser app on it, i was reading thru the forum and decided to try the 181 utility thru .bat, everything worked perfectly, well kinda...I'm stuck, the phone turns on for about 5 secs to the motorola screen then turns off.. and it'll even give me the same android on it's back with it's chest open, i've gone into recovery tried clearing the caches. Then tried the factory reset again and it still wouldn't come on. ive even went as far as doing the restore again...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
FRASIER, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the phone from?

FRASIER

Reaction score
Well, I never used the phone, I received it from a family friend and i took it to Verizon to get it switched over, the internet on the phone was the only thing that would work, couldn't receive phone calls or text messages. So i thought it was weird that the internet would work but nothing else. So after about 2 hours of the guys at Verizon trying to figure out the problem, they finally came to me and showed me the superuser app that was installed and said that, because of it, it's what basically was causing the problem of them switching my number over to this Razr. So i went home and read a few forums to see what the best way that i could handle this situation. And after using the bat utility, i wasn't sure whether i needed to install a utility to make the phone go back to its factory settings, i think it's the 1.6 then install the 1.7 ( I'm only guessing from some of the forums I've been reading) I really just didn't want to take any chances. I do appreciate everyone that welcome me to the forum, i know it takes me awhile to respond, thanks for everyone's patience with me. LOl, i'm honestly still learning how to even get back to this forum.