How do I get e-mails to quit pushing?

lowcel

Reaction score
I am having problems getting e-mails to quit pushing automatically on my phone. This wouldn't be much of a problem but at 3:00 am my wife is not happy to find out that I just received an e-mail from Best Buy saying they are having a sale.

In settings I have "Data push turned on for: no accounts", Fetch schedule is "manual".

Not sure if it would matter but battery mode is "Nighttime saver". Data saver is currently on.

Data delivery:
Background data - unchecked
Data roaming - unchecked
Data enabled - checked

tbell6

Reaction score
Plan "B" Config/Sound/Notification select Facebook "pop". Not as intrusive may not wake you or wife, but still adaquate to hear during daytime.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
lowcel

lowcel

Reaction score
Plan "B" Config/Sound/Notification select Facebook "pop". Not as intrusive may not wake you or wife, but still adaquate to hear during daytime.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Changing facebook's sound will take care of the e-mail notification?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am having problems getting e-mails to quit pushing automatically on my phone. This wouldn't be much of a problem but at 3:00 am my wife is not happy to find out that I just received an e-mail from Best Buy saying they are having a sale.

In settings I have "Data push turned on for: no accounts", Fetch schedule is "manual".

Not sure if it would matter but battery mode is "Nighttime saver". Data saver is currently on.

Data delivery:
Background data - unchecked
Data roaming - unchecked
Data enabled - checked

I charge my phone each night while we sleep and I use an app called Bedside. This app displays a bedside clock and has settings to automatically mute all sounds. It also has a setting that will mute all sounds except incoming calls. That's the one I use. It is set to automatically turn itself off when I unplug the charger and all my emails, texts, notifications are there. It's an option.

OP
lowcel

lowcel

Reaction score
I charge my phone each night while we sleep and I use an app called Bedside. This app displays a bedside clock and has settings to automatically mute all sounds. It also has a setting that will mute all sounds except incoming calls. That's the one I use. It is set to automatically turn itself off when I unplug the charger and all my emails, texts, notifications are there. It's an option.

Thank you. Buying and downloading app now.

OP
lowcel

lowcel

Reaction score
After a good night sleep I would have to say that Bedside was definitely worth the $1.99 I paid for it. Thanks again for the suggestion BayouFlyFisher.