How did NFL app work for 1st game?

boz347sc

Reaction score
If it's only games the NFL network has rights to it's even less than that. Sunday night games are broadcast by NBC.

I didnt get asked to subscribe and I have the Dallas/Skins game on right now.

Rixx

Reaction score
confusion

The Sunday Ticket pkg from DTV was free this weekend as a 'trial'.

The Sunday-Thurs games are the only ones Verizon offers, and you must have V Cast in order to view them.

Sunday Ticket requires a subscription. AND, you have to have the 'to go' pkg to watch it on your phone.

I think the free trial has people confused....

kenbarnum

Reaction score
The Sunday Ticket pkg from DTV was free this weekend as a 'trial'.

The Sunday-Thurs games are the only ones Verizon offers, and you must have V Cast in order to view them.

Sunday Ticket requires a subscription. AND, you have to have the 'to go' pkg to watch it on your phone.

I think the free trial has people confused....

You are talking about something completely different

alm0614

Reaction score
is there any chance like a .apk that was downloaded before the cut off would work fine anytime, without paying for vcast.. like i downloaded it a long time ago and i wasnt asked to pay, but a friend downloaded it today and was asked to pay.. any chance sending him my .apk would make it work for him without paying for vcast?

pilot25

Reaction score
I have vcast video and audio blocked on my bill and I was able to stream the game tonight without having vcast installed. No mention of charges or anything.

It'll probably be free for the first couple of weeks so they can rope you in to pay $10. Total waste. The video was crappy and the audio sometimes lagged the play. For $10 it should have a choice of game and in HD.

Last edited:

dougski

Reaction score
screen on to listen??

Anyone else try listening to a game? I did and it worked pretty well - no better or worse than the app for MLB. BUT it seems to require that you leave the screen on (it overrides the time out itself). The MLB app doesn't work that way - you can turn the screen off and continue to listen. Listening to a whole game with the screen on is hard to do battery wise. Anyone similar? Different?

Doug

pilot25

Reaction score
My Droid X asked to sign up for Vcast but the Droid1 is free.

What the?

nubby

Reaction score
Multiple force closes

I got a notification the game was going to start (20 minutes) late, and everytime I went into the app to check the scores (that I didn't get notifications for) I would have to F/C and restart the app. I still am getting the F/C today.

Relex

Reaction score
I had a chance to watch it a little at work on my break and it worked great.

Gkope

Reaction score
Anyone else try listening to a game? I did and it worked pretty well - no better or worse than the app for MLB. BUT it seems to require that you leave the screen on (it overrides the time out itself). The MLB app doesn't work that way - you can turn the screen off and continue to listen. Listening to a whole game with the screen on is hard to do battery wise. Anyone similar? Different?

Doug

I tried it while at Heinz field for the Steelers game and was very disppointed about having to leave the screen on while listening to the radio broadcast. It really sucked my battery down on my Droid 1. The app shouldn't need the screen on just for the audio to function. Also, the audio was almost two plays behind which made it fairly useless for a live game. This definitely won't replace my radio for listening to broadcasts at the stadium. But in a pinch, if I'm not at the stadium or near a radio or TV, I guess it could do for a short while.

On the plus side, the App seemed timely in updating scores and stats from around the league.

dougski

Reaction score
Yes, having to leave the screen on seems totally stupid. My Droid did actually make it through 90% of the game - although I turned it off at half time and had to plug it in afterwards, but it is very frustrating because otherwise it is really great to have as I live in an area that does not get the radio broadcast (let alone TV) for the team I follow.

Anyone find a way to email or otherwise send comments to the app developers?

spk2bruce

Reaction score
Worked 4 Me

I installed the app, and was not prompted to pay anything. I watched several games on and off, switching between downs, worked like a charm. Yes there were moments of the spinning logo but over all OK