NFL Mobile App Issues

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I recently Bought an LG G Pad X8.3 from Verizon and tried using the NFL Mobile App to Watch Live Games like I can on my Note 5. I notice that there are no Options on the Games with "Watch Live" on my Note 5 on my LG G Pad x8.3. Has anyone else had issue with the NFL Mobile app on a Verizon Tablet not being able to Watch Live Games? I contacted Verizon and the Rep told me maybe its my Tablet and to Exchange it. I even tried on just LTE not my Wifi and nothing. Can't see it being a Tablet Issue but a Software Issue with Tablets.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If you're able to on your Note 5, I'm assuming you already logged into the NFL Network and subscribed ( $99 bucks a year IIRC) to watch the games live? Have you signed into NFL NETWORK on your tablet? Perhaps it only works on one device at a time? Try logging out of the NFL Mobile/NFL Network on your phone and log back in on your tablet?

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Vzw offers free streaming on select plans. I don't subscribe to NFL Network, but I can stream games on my phone.

I don't own a vzw tablet, so I can't comment there, but I'd assume it should allow you to watch if it's included in the same plan.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thanks Jonny! I forgot that some plans include it free.
Still makes me wonder if you're able to stream the games simultaneously on two different devices, or if you have to completely log out on one device, to be able to view on another.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I suppose that's possible, but you'd think each device is registered on the account separately.

I could see not being able to watch on a WiFi only tablet, but there's no sign in required.

Even with my unlocked Nexus 6P, I simply launched the app & it verified that I had access with my plan.

Maybe try uninstalling &/or clearing data/cache on the NFL app on the tablet? Maybe it'll verify when you reinstall. Even if it only lets you uninstall updates, clearing data should make it like a fresh install.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Reactions: cr6
OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Upon Further investigation under Customer Feedback indicates that Verizon Customers can View Live Games on on Smartphones. Tablets can not view Live Games. I can't understand why you can't. After all it it's a Verizon Device I can't see why they are excluded. This is a bummer since I would like to watch Live Games on my Tablet at work instead of my Note 5.

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my HTC One M8. No "watch live" option.

My wife and I are on the same Verizon account and I'm the primary. She can watch live but can't. She's never created an NFL account. She simply installed the app and was ready to go. I created an NFL login but it changed nothing.

I called Verizon CS and they said that there was nothing special about my wife's profile and that we had all the same options. I've also been communicating via email with an NFL mobile tech guy and so far, neither has been able to figure it out. On a couple occasions, each had asked me I live or have ever lived outside the US as though something was showing them that I did, or at least my device.

I've tried everything they suggested and more. I've stopped, cleared cache, cleared data and uninstalled the app at least three times. I'm rooted so I also cleared cache in recovery and used SD Maid to clean up after each uninstall. I've tried turning location services off and on a bunch of times but none of this has helped.

I've lived in Maryland my entire life and have never used an alternate address. So, I'm wondering if my phone is somehow giving a false location.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.