How did NFL app work for 1st game?

Dan_08

Reaction score
So how did your NFL Mobile app work for the Saints-Vikings game?

Mine made me update, but then said i didn't have enough storage. After uninstalling numerous apps, all i had to do was uninstall existing NFL App then everything worked great!

Only had about 5sec delay from TV (fios HD) to Droid running on WiFi.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Was gonna try it out. But guess you have to have Vcast.

OP
D

Dan_08

Reaction score
Was gonna try it out. But guess you have to have Vcast.

I saw some of the new reviews complaining about paying, but i haven't been prompted to pay anything and I don't have Vcast. Hopefully I don't get charged...

hugs17

Reaction score
had to sign up for vcast. 10 bucks a month. worth it for NFL. tried to get vcast a while ago and it was blocked. worked fine this time. no lag, game looks good on Droid.

eebvending2

Reaction score
Video was only about 5 seconds like mentioned previously. However the play-by-play updating in the Game Center was massively behind.

sjohn902

Reaction score
It was very good on my Droid X over 3G on the way home, and damn near pristine over WiFi once I got back before I got everything ready to watch on TV. Not worth $10/month for VCast but definitely worth upgrading to a smartphone for. I never got prompted to sign up for VCast so we'll see how that goes with the bill...

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
im not sure what exactly is going on but for the longest time i was under the assumption that it cost 10/month to watch live regular season games...yet i was able to watch the game on my X with no problem. no prompt saying i needed vcast. no error message. interesting....maybe its just NFL network thursday games that will cost $$??

Droidfish

Reaction score
I was under the impression that all smart phones with a data plan can use the nfl and everything it offers free of charge and all other phones would need vcast to run it. Anyhow the stream worked pretty good for me, my 3g sucks at my house, but if I don't need it at home:) also I was never prompted for any charges, but who knows

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I also didn't have to pay but I wasn't impressed with the video quality. If looked good until things started moving. I'm guessing it might look better on devices other than my Droid. I do think the app itself is really nice.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
The app worked great for me. However the video was in 4.3 not 16.9 where it would have use the full screen of my droid 1 but it work pretty good....

REMilk

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1.

I tried the new NFL app last evening. It turns out you need to play "extra" to view the game, either a monthly charge ($10.00) or a "per day" charge ($3.00). I may take advantage of the "per day" charge in the future when the Patriots are playing and not shown in my location (Richmond, VA).

However, I was able to listen to the game (I think it was the New Orleans saints radio broadcast) through the streaming audio (the "Listen" function) of the game. There is no charge for listening to the audio portion.

Bob

Last edited:

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1.

I tried the new NFL app last evening. It turns out you need to play "extra" to view the game, either a monthly charge ($10.00) or a "per day" charge ($3.00). I may take advantage of the per day charge in the future when the Patriots are playing and not shown in my location (Richmond, VA).

However, I was able to listen to the game (I think it was the New Orleans saints radio broadcast) through the streaming audio (the "Listen" function) of the game. There is no charge for listening to the audio portion.

Bob

Bob,
Did it prompt you to pay extra for Vcast? I (like many others in this thread) received no prompt and it worked great. I guess I will check the bill...

I wish it was full screen like their magazine ads imply...

REMilk

Reaction score
Bob,
Did it prompt you to pay extra for Vcast? I (like many others in this thread) received no prompt and it worked great. I guess I will check the bill...

I wish it was full screen like their magazine ads imply...

Sorry I was not more explicit, Yes, I did receive the prompt to pay extra for the Vcast, that is how I became aware of both the monthly and the "per day" rates.

Bob

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Thanks Bob...Interesting that I received no prompt...we'll see when the bill comes. Maybe I'll have it for only a month!