How did NFL app work for 1st game?

porsche996

Reaction score
Worked fine for me. No prompts for $$. Played in 4:3 ratio which was a little depressing, but not a deal breaker.

Played on 3G just fine. Got home and tried it over wireless, but it just sits there with the spinning red circle verizon logo and doesn't load. Went back to 3G, and it worked just fine. Weird.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Worked fine for me. No prompts for $$. Played in 4:3 ratio which was a little depressing, but not a deal breaker.

Played on 3G just fine. Got home and tried it over wireless, but it just sits there with the spinning red circle verizon logo and doesn't load. Went back to 3G, and it worked just fine. Weird.

Did you restart the program after turning on wifi? Mine seemed to make me but then worked fine.

dan427

Reaction score
Worked killer for the first game!

Here's the deal from Verison Rep:

If you downloaded the app BEFORE July 29th (or somewhere around there), you will get all the 2010/2011 Thursday and Sunday games for free. If you downloaded after that, you need the Vcast subsciption to watch the regular season games for free.

porsche996

Reaction score

Did you restart the program after turning on wifi? Mine seemed to make me but then worked fine.

Yep. But no biggie. I won't be using wifi for it very much anyhoo, 'cause if I'm at home I'd rather watch games on the big screen!

kenbarnum

Reaction score

If you downloaded the app BEFORE July 29th (or somewhere around there), you will get all the 2010/2011 Thursday and Sunday games for free. If you downloaded after that, you need the Vcast subsciption to watch the regular season games for free.

Wow...VZW reps know nothing. I downloaded it yesterday and no Vcast subscription...but still works

kenbarnum

Reaction score

Yep. But no biggie. I won't be using wifi for it very much anyhoo, 'cause if I'm at home I'd rather watch games on the big screen!

+++++++++++1

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I thought it worked pretty well, both on 3G and WIFI. Collinsworthless looked like even more of a pinhead on the droid screen though.

I also was able to use the droid to invoke Farve to throw that interception and make the viqueens lose, so was pretty impressed with that.

Reaction score
Wasn't the deal that if you downloaded the app before 9/1, the first year is free of subscription, including the V Cast live video?

If not, I'll be downloading the unlocked one soon.

porsche996

Reaction score

Wow...VZW reps know nothing. I downloaded it yesterday and no Vcast subscription...but still works

Ditto. Same here.

zonaRSX

Reaction score
I thought it worked pretty well, both on 3G and WIFI. Collinsworthless looked like even more of a pinhead on the droid screen though.

I also was able to use the droid to invoke Farve to throw that interception and make the viqueens lose, so was pretty impressed with that.

lol cheesehead. nfl app is awesome