Horrible battery life.

nStyle

Reaction score
It is now 3pm. My phone is less than 7% charged.

I unplugged the phone from the outlet this morning at ~7:30

Between then, It has seen about 5-10 minutes of text use (overall), 5 minutes of app use. Talked for 2 minutes and that is about it.

It is now 3PM and the phone is ALMOST DEAD! I haven't even used it long! I had 3 tests today so I really couldn't use it long anyway!

Wifi: Off (Entire time)
GPS: Off (Entire time)
Apps: 1 or 2 user opened. Gmail, Google Voice and Voice Dialer all seem to be always running.

Should I get this puppy switched out?

Otherwise, I love the phone: It made me switch to the 3G plans, finally. I find it weird that there is not an easy way (stock) to kill programs without downloading an app)

jmackxiii

Reaction score
you may want to look at Juice Defender on the market... It does wonders for battery life... the first week or so with the phone i was having similar battery life.. but not any more. I unplugged mine at around 6:30 am... its now 3pm and im at 60% that is with downloading and configuring a new rom and reverting back.

OP
N

nStyle

Reaction score
Yeah but my Wifi was already off and GPS was off as well.

It looks like this is all Juice Defender does?

jmackxiii

Reaction score
Nope.. very wrong... it also turns off the data connection and turns it on in intervals to conserve battery life... trust me it works.

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
Ill give this a shot also.. Is default settings good enough or do you recommend different settings?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's funny that this thread got posted today. I've been fighting with battery life from day one as stock and now rooted. I've seen the setcpu thread and tried different settings, tried a few on my own, lately playing with TaskPanel and there's an uncertainty there too. I see people's post about hwo they notice the difference when they make changes, but my daily use is never the same to make an accurate judge.

Today I decided to track and use the phone as minimally as possible. Looks like I'm on the "7/50 plan". In 7 hours I have 50% left and it's been on standby with the exception of one 2-3 phone call, one post to FB through the app (addictions :p), couple minutes of showing an iPhone user how much his phone sucks, check and read one email, and an occasional check on battery status (on/unlock/off). That's it! That has to be less than average use in 7 hours.

I will try out juicing delimiter and see if that helps since I've seen good feedback here about it.

Mule65

Reaction score
Just pull the battery when you're not using it. I'd be furious. :icon_evil:

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery lasts all day no issue.. turn off the friend stuff.. social crap.. update weather every 6hrs.. pop email once an hour.. no lwp..

no flickr.. etc..

condition the battery, everyone says you dont need to but do it anyway.. i think it helps..

i got home from work yesterday and had 70% battery left (8hr day).. thats after a crapload of txting.. couple calls and reading emails.. i leave GPS on too.. anything that has to use 3g is gonna drain your battery..

samiusmc

Reaction score
FYI to everyone: Don't use Juicedefender. The developer has stated that it doesn't work on the Motorola Droid andCDMA phones running Android 2.1.

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
it seems to be working for me unless im just insane. I had 60% of battery life at 12:30 today and by now (6:00) it would have been at around 10%. Now its at 40% and same usage time ive been using it since i got it.

diggity

Reaction score

Between then, It has seen about 5-10 minutes of text use (overall), 5 minutes of app use. Talked for 2 minutes and that is about it.

It is now 3PM and the phone is ALMOST DEAD! I haven't even used it long! I had 3 tests today so I really couldn't use it long anyway!

Apps: 1 or 2 user opened. Gmail, Google Voice and Voice Dialer all seem to be always running.

Otherwise, I love the phone: It made me switch to the 3G plans, finally. I find it weird that there is not an easy way (stock) to kill programs without downloading an app)

This is just a guess, but you might want to check and see if part of your day is being spent in an area where you have no cell signal. I have problems with this where I work, and usually end up leaving my phone in airplane mode while in certain areas of the building.

OP
N

nStyle

Reaction score

This is just a guess, but you might want to check and see if part of your day is being spent in an area where you have no cell signal. I have problems with this where I work, and usually end up leaving my phone in airplane mode while in certain areas of the building.
I actually don't get good signal where I was...but how does this affect anything?

bcrigler

Reaction score
That sucks you are struggling so much. I have all syncing on, gps on, everything enabled and the battery lasts all day just about. Sounds like your battery is DOA.