Charge Time/Battery Life

Preston!

Reaction score
How long is it taking your Revs to charge to full from almost dead? It seems like mine takes waaaaaaaay too long and the phone gets really hot while charging... Normal?

My battery life seems to be completely inconsistent as well. I use the phone about the same every day. Sometimes it makes it all day and sometimes (like today) it dies at about 3pm

kjumper187

Reaction score
Same here. but, I have a charger at home, office, car and usb. I'm always plugging it in to make sure I have battery when needed. I kill all my apps everytime I go to lay it down. And, it doesn't help I play AB on every smoke break. o_O

Sinestro

Reaction score
Charge Time

Mine Revo takes about 2-3 hours and has a temp of 33 C

jneusch

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and put it on the charger last night at midnight with 17% left. When I unplugged it at 8am it had 82%. That seems a bit long to me. I think this phone needs to be power cycled daily to keep things running smooth.

Villainous

Reaction score
If i plus mine into the car charger, it will not charge while i am using it, it wont drain either. If i plug it into a computer's USB port it takes about 10 hours to charge, if i plug into a wall outlet it takes about 4-5 hours to charge

Big Cam

Reaction score
From dead it takes 3 hours to reach 100% plus or minus about 10 minutes. I actually tested this, and this is no use during those 3 hours. Also the hottest it has gotten for me is 107F, my old Droid 1 got hotter than that.

\My phone usually lasts me from the time I wake up (remove charger) until 9pm at night under what I consider normal usage, and that includes an hour of Netflix (don't ask)

I've never had my battery not last a full day unless I was watching a large amount of streaming video.

I'm in love with this phone still.

Sinestro

Reaction score
I have the extended battery as well, It takes me a good 3-4 hours from 20%. I suggest turning OFF gps, wifi, bluetooth, all that Stuff. If you can set it on airplane mode then even better. As far as the temperture, occasionally I turn my phone off for about 10 mins before i charge. I charge in a shaded area and i try to keep the revo on it's side and that really helps reduce the temp. Remember that the higher the temperture the faster the battery is going to drain. So If you have a hot phone it takes slightly longer to charge.

RIO5

Reaction score
Charge time has always been about the same: close to 3 hours, when it is almost dead. Now for the battery life...that's a different story. My phone will last about 3 days, sometimes 4 (If I am lucky). I use my phone to text and to make calls. If I dont need it, I wont use it. I live in a 4G area but majority of the time, I put my phone in 3G. I turn off my wifi, data, background data, and location. Right before I knock out, I put my phone into airplane mode. I rarely have any apps running plus I do not have my home screens cluttered with widgets. Usually, I am surrounded by a computer with internet access so whatever I could do on my phone, more than likely I will use a computer as my first choice. So when it comes to the weather/news, I will find out that information BEFORE I step out of my home. I do admit my situation is different from many others but it is possible to get a few days off of one charge. Other than that, the Rev is the best phone I ever had....and no I do not have the extended battery.