Home ++ (another home replacement)

moot

Reaction score
@Garrett

Sorry, a little off topic:

Wow, those screens are beautiful! Just curious, what is the bar app you are using called, on the left window, on top of the screen?

Thanks!

MK-9

Reaction score
I get some every day. Happens in the app list. Happens when trying to delete an app from a screen. Happens when unlocking. Happens when flicking screens.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get some every day. Happens in the app list. Happens when trying to delete an app from a screen. Happens when unlocking. Happens when flicking screens.

try rebooting, then not touching the app drawer at all... see if it is more stable.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
also, do me a favor, in normal (not safe mode), open the app drawer. then after it loads, close it, and try to delete/move a widget
yeah i am rooted and the only modification i have done is the transparent notification bar seen in the bottom pic below.

heres all the widgets im using...

i was able to open the drawer and closed it then had no issues deleting and moving a widget.

thanks for the update, really nice homescreens btw ...

i have about 3 times as many widgets as you (as well as 150+ apps), which might contribute to the instability

nunka

Reaction score
Very annoying. While it is a beta, I'd still prefer the developer strive for stability before continually adding new features. New features are great but, the continual fc's drive me nuts. This app being stable to me makes it THE home screen replacement to have above all.

Have you seen the video of the stable 2.1 ROM? It basically has all the features of Home++... with smoother transitions. I'm pretty sure the developer is feeling pressured to come up with something unique to his app.

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@Garrett

Sorry, a little off topic:

Wow, those screens are beautiful! Just curious, what is the bar app you are using called, on the left window, on top of the screen?

Thanks!

thats the power widget and its installed from the factory so you should already have it on your widget list.

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
also, do me a favor, in normal (not safe mode), open the app drawer. then after it loads, close it, and try to delete/move a widget
yeah i am rooted and the only modification i have done is the transparent notification bar seen in the bottom pic below.

i was able to open the drawer and closed it then had no issues deleting and moving a widget.

i have about 3 times as many widgets as you (as well as 150+ apps), which might contribute to the instability

i like to keep things sorted and simple..... i do have about 70+ apps installed though.

but yeah your problem sounds more like its from an app or a widget causing conflicts

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

i like to keep things sorted and simple..... i do have about 70+ apps installed though.

but yeah your problem sounds more like its from an app or a widget causing conflicts

perhaps, but it just annoys me that prior to the previous 2-3 updates, Home++ worked flawlessly for me

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

perhaps, but it just annoys me that prior to the previous 2-3 updates, Home++ worked flawlessly for me

have you tried to uninstall it then reboot and then reinstalling it?

you dont really need to reboot after the uninstall i just do it for good measure.

mikecolorama

Reaction score
has anyone had any problems with the update last night? i lost 60% of my battery in about 3 hours with now use at all. i checked the battery usage and it said that Home++ was using 85%. the next closest thing was in the single digits. PLEASE HELP!!!!

edit: i added the 'youtube' widget and the 'pandora' widget before that but never used them.

mightybrick

Reaction score
has anyone had any problems with the update last night? i lost 60% of my battery in about 3 hours with now use at all. i checked the battery usage and it said that Home++ was using 85%. the next closest thing was in the single digits. PLEASE HELP!!!!

edit: i added the 'youtube' widget and the 'pandora' widget before that but never used them.
No, I haven't. Battery has been running strong. Don't know what to suggest. Uninstall, and then reinstall Home++ maybe?

fsolomon75

Reaction score

I had the same problem after the update last night. I went to sleep with an almost full battery and woke up with it totally drained. I uninstalled and re-installed the app this morning so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

mikecolorama

Reaction score

I had the same problem after the update last night. I went to sleep with an almost full battery and woke up with it totally drained. I uninstalled and re-installed the app this morning so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

please post your results. i hated to uninstall it, but i had to. 85% battery usage is ridiculous.

thathxckid

Reaction score
I have not checked my battery since up date did seem to drain fast today. My biggest thing since the the update is I'm getting a lot of fc's. Hopefully a new update will be out soon with some fixes. Its a great home replacement the people behind it seem to stay on their toes

Reaction score
im 11 hours since unplug at 90% battery and home++ doesnt even show up on my battery usage...beautiful widgets shows up at 3% and sportstap is 2%...i think the problems you're having are your faults and not home++