Home ++ (another home replacement)

CronoDL

Reaction score
My battery definitely drained fast today, though I can't say for sure it's Home++.

After 4 hours, I was down to 60% without any more usage than usual.

HMJB

Reaction score
I had to uninstall it today :( Already missing the hidden top bar, haha.

Reason: I installed the 2.1 rom and ++ wont let the live wallpaper work, I love it so out it went :x

Unless someone here knows how I can get it to work with the live wallpapers so I can go back to a hidden bar ;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd kill for the live wallpaper but I'd end up bricking my phone...

I had to uninstall it today :( Already missing the hidden top bar, haha.

Reason: I installed the 2.1 rom and ++ wont let the live wallpaper work, I love it so out it went :x

Unless someone here knows how I can get it to work with the live wallpapers so I can go back to a hidden bar ;)

HMJB

Reaction score
There's a new easy and simple guide to updating the leaked 2.1 which is amazing in my opinion. It includes backing up your phone to go back anytime as well.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok what's the easy way and how do you back up your phone completely.

There's a new easy and simple guide to updating the leaked 2.1 which is amazing in my opinion. It includes backing up your phone to go back anytime as well.

fsolomon75

Reaction score
Same problem happened, so I'm uninstalling it again and seeing how it runs overnight without it. I love the look of the app but not at the expense of my almost full battery being drained.

backlash

Reaction score
has anyone had any problems with the update last night? i lost 60% of my battery in about 3 hours with now use at all. i checked the battery usage and it said that Home++ was using 85%. the next closest thing was in the single digits. PLEASE HELP!!!!

edit: i added the 'youtube' widget and the 'pandora' widget before that but never used them.

I had at least 50% battery when I got home last night. I did the update, then put my phone in airplane mode, like I usually do at night time. I checked my battery status again (it's a habit for me). I wake up this morning boom DEAD FREAKING BATTERY.

I've had Home++ installed for a while now, but I think this is going to make me uninstall it, which sucks because now I'm going to have to reconfigure everything, again.

bwhite757

Reaction score
You don't have to uninstall it, just use home switcher and set the default android home as your default, then restart your phone. Home++ will not be running, so if it is the cause it won't drain your battery. However I'm still not experiencing any battery drain, yesterday from 10am to 1am, my battery was reading around 40% which is normal for my use, and Home++ had only used 2% of the battery usage. I have the latest version installed.

backlash

Reaction score
Oh sweet, I already have home switcher installed.

And by restart, you mean just power it off for a few seconds then turn it on?

Or Power off, pull battery, then turn on?

Or do the restart using a combo of keys on the keyboard...........need to find that.

bwhite757

Reaction score
You can just power it off and power it on, that's a clean restart on an Android phone, you don't have to pull the battery.

To restart using physical keyboad, press the "Shift" "Alt" & "Del" keys all at the same time. You have to use the "Shift" and "Alt" on the left side to work though.

backlash

Reaction score
You can just power it off and power it on, that's a clean restart on an Android phone, you don't have to pull the battery.

To restart using physical keyboad, press the "Shift" "Alt" & "Del" keys all at the same time. You have to use the "Shift" and "Alt" on the left side to work though.
Heh, I just searched and found the correct keys to hit. :icon_ banana:
Thanks!

bwhite757

Reaction score
Personally the only thing I liked about 2.1 was the updated media gallery. Everything else was the same, just with some fancier animations, and 5 homescreens instead of 3. The biggest problem for me was bettercut was not compatible, and I couldn't setup my custom icons, so I restored my 2.0.1 image and am happy again. When bettercut is compatible, then I'll redownload, but I'll still use Home++ as my homescreen, I like the powerstrip and endless looping too much to stick with the stock launcher on 2.1

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i uninstalled home++ and installed Launcher +. i hate that i had to do that, but with 85% battery use by Home++, i had to.