Hiding the notification bar..looking at you home replacement app devs!!!

NeutronBomb

Reaction score
I've grown accustomed to being able to hide the notification bar on home++. I don't care much for the power strip...well I would if I could customize it more but that's another thread.

Anyway... if anyone has any contact with some of the home replacement dev apps like GDE or dxtop or panda or sweeter home pass it along... People like to be able to hide the notification bar. Especially on the droid where we can't change the color and we're stuck with that white bar on top.

Maybe it's nitpicky but after using home++ for the last 3 weeks or so every day I know it's possible. I would probably use GDE every day if I could hide the notification bar. I started messing with sweeter home and I liked the options but the ugly notification bar kills it for me. Maybe I'm just weird but my screen feels so much cleaner/larger with the bar hidden.

So yeah... long story short.. please add this feature to other home replacement apps and me love you long time.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to see this feature as a stand alone app. With 2.1 coming I have no desire to go back to a Home replacement. I just want the auto hide feature back from Home++.

Guchi

Reaction score
without the powerbar how would you acess the hidden notification bar?

Silver Member
Reaction score
personally, i like to see if i have service, a wifi connection and the status of my battery. maybe if the bar was completely transparent, as if those icons were part of the desktop it would be OK, but I liken hiding the notification bar to hiding your windows task bar...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
without the powerbar how would you acess the hidden notification bar?
Widget maybe? 1x1 icon? I just liked how clean the screen looked without the notification bar.
The notification bar was only hid on the home screen, as soon as you opened any app the notification bar was back.

jbsangel

Reaction score
the notification bar is easily accessible by pressing the menu softkey on the homescreen.

i too actually like having the notifcation bar, but I wouldn't mind it being skinnable and/or transparent as suggested. My main apps I get notifications from (messaging, email, newsrob, calendar, astrid) are all on my homescreen and seeing the notification allows me to 1-click run the app that is notifying me. But in order to truly 1-click, i need to be able to see what is notifying me, especially when on vibrate so i can't hear my different tones that i have set up.

Last edited:

DurangoJim

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if the bar was transparent, but if you moved your finger in that area it would fade in showing the info. I have no idea how it could be done, but it would be cool if it could be.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I would love some way to hide the notification bar. I have a replacement, or something along those lines for almost everything up there. Clock, battery, ring state of phone, missed call, message in inbox all have been semi-replaced in one way or another.

Currently I can only think of a few things I really "need" my notification bar for, see cell reception and data transfering (3g). Updates available, if I haven't checked myself, and their download status (complete...etc). At the home screen I would only be 2 button presses away from seeing those things, and in most apps where they matter the notification bar is enabled anyhow.

I understand why people like the notification bar, but it really serves very little purpose in my usage. And would much prefer to have what seems like a larger desktop.

I think it would be cool if the bar was transparent, but if you moved your finger in that area it would fade in showing the info. I have no idea how it could be done, but it would be cool if it could be.

That would be pretty cool.

charfuer

Reaction score
I've grown accustomed to being able to hide the notification bar on home++. I don't care much for the power strip...well I would if I could customize it more but that's another thread.

Anyway... if anyone has any contact with some of the home replacement dev apps like GDE or dxtop or panda or sweeter home pass it along... People like to be able to hide the notification bar. Especially on the droid where we can't change the color and we're stuck with that white bar on top.

Maybe it's nitpicky but after using home++ for the last 3 weeks or so every day I know it's possible. I would probably use GDE every day if I could hide the notification bar. I started messing with sweeter home and I liked the options but the ugly notification bar kills it for me. Maybe I'm just weird but my screen feels so much cleaner/larger with the bar hidden.

So yeah... long story short.. please add this feature to other home replacement apps and me love you long time.

Agreed...I love the look af the app drawer with Panda..but if I could merge Panda, Go and Launcher Pro...I would be happy!!!