Home ++ (another home replacement)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's nice they added the browser in the power strip, it really won't be something I'll really need, but wondering for those who like other browsers like Dolphin, will you be able to use that as your default browser when hitting that button? I guess when the Firefox browser comes out in 2010 I would like that to be my default.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's nice they added the browser in the power strip, it really won't be something I'll really need, but wondering for those who like other browsers like Dolphin, will you be able to use that as your default browser when hitting that button? I guess when the Firefox browser comes out in 2010 I would like that to be my default.

you should be able to... when you go to the settings for the power strip there is the option for the 'browser button' and below that is "linked to" which allows you to set which browser you want the power strip button to use. However I'm keeping the Firefox icon the home screen... I like it... now if it would just be released.... :)

Pitlith

Reaction score
wall_79.jpg

Awesome, thank you. I'll use it until I can find a full size picture of her. Think that one is smaller but probably won't be able to tell.

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

you should be able to... when you go to the settings for the power strip there is the option for the 'browser button' and below that is "linked to" which allows you to set which browser you want the power strip button to use. However I'm keeping the Firefox icon the home screen... I like it... now if it would just be released.... :)

Dang, you had me going thinking it was released for Firefox! Thanks for the info.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dang, you had me going thinking it was released for Firefox! Thanks for the info.

ya i used a little deception in my wording :icon_ devil:

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Do I need to uninstall my current version of Home++ and reinstall the new one or can I just install the update on top? I know they'll usually tell you in the app description if you should uninstall first but I just want to make sure.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do I need to uninstall my current version of Home++ and reinstall the new one or can I just install the update on top? I know they'll usually tell you in the app description if you should uninstall first but I just want to make sure.
No, you just install the update from Market and it will update automatically for you.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i get Force closes all the time... especially when trying to remove any widget.

i tried both safe mode, and normal mode, with and without persistent home... any ideas?

edit: this started two updates ago...

Last edited:

evil_O

Reaction score
I am running the latest version of Home++ and I thought the top power bar was closed by default. Mine is still showing and I cannot figure out how to hide it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Jason

Reaction score
I am running the latest version of Home++ and I thought the top power bar was closed by default. Mine is still showing and I cannot figure out how to hide it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Hold the notification button to enable or disable it

evil_O

Reaction score

Thanks.

Hold the notification button to enable or disable it

Thanks Jason. I was starting to lose.

fishepa

Reaction score
i get Force closes all the time... especially when trying to remove any widget.

i tried both safe mode, and normal mode, with and without persistent home... any ideas?

edit: this started two updates ago...

I get it quite often as well. not sure what is causing it.