1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

hf

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by hfidler99, Nov 9, 2009.

1. hfidler99

hfidler99 New Member

Hi,
    I just got my Droid last night and absolutely not impressed with it. First, the reception is really bad in my hose, and I had no problems with my old LG. Second, even when reception is fine the voice is constantly interrupted. It sounds like a ‘broken phone’ ha! At this point I am not sure if this is the problem with this particular devise and I just need to exchange it, or it is an overall problem with the Droids.
  2. thegipper

thegipper New Member

It's certainly not all droids. My reception is fine and phone sounds clear on mine.
  3. hfidler99

hfidler99 New Member

Thanks

So I just probably need to exchange it.....
  4. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I just got mine today. Sounds go to me. Now i'm trying to fill up apps. Try o exchnage it and see if it gets better :icon_ banana:
  5. mtnbiker28127

mtnbiker28127 New Member

I really like the Droid EXCEPT the reception is TERRIBLE on it as compared to my old one but I do live in a rural area. And I am not the only one; a friend who lives in a large metropolitan city has the same problem with his Droid.
  6. kegstand

kegstand New Member

Hmm I would take it into a VZ store and have them look at it see if something is off with it, as mine has been awesome to this point.
  7. drewshaver

drewshaver New Member

Turn off voice privacy in settings => call settings => voice privacy. then call *228, x1, and then *228, x2. (this sets your home tower to the closest tower you are at. if you got the phone at a store far from your house, they set your home to the store, this home tower may be far from your home but close enough to pick up)

Also: try a reasonable subject o_O