finding current sid?

Travis798

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where i can find the Sid i'm currently on?

I think my droid keeps jumping towers but i wanna make sure before forcing it to the u s cellular tower in my area. My home tower is close enough for my phone to see it but in a different county so the tower will not let me connect. I also went through this with alltel and it causes service problems with my phone continually trying to connect to a tower it can't connect to. Before finding out how to change my Nam settings i just want to verify that is the problem and not simply bad service from us cellular.

I have always been the only one to have this problem as far as i know but i have always just assumed my taste in phones gives me superior reception, which in this case actually means worse reception and drained batteries due to constant tower disconnects.

If anyone can tell me where to find my current Sid so I can verify the problem I would much appreciate it.

ldimick

Reaction score
Try dialing ##PROGRAM, verify with 000000 and it shows SID/NID pairing.

OP
T

Travis798

Reaction score

Thants for the reply ldimick, but I have done that. The SID/NID pairing only shows what is programmed for the home SID. I tried just putting in the SID that I need for my location, but none of my prior phones have had a field for NID and I'm not sure what to put there. My service didn't improve after reboot, but I'm not sure if the NID field had anything to do with it.

I know I keep switching between 1x and 3g, and I'm pretty sure the US Cellular tower here has no 3g, so I'm pretty positive it's jumping towers.

ldimick

Reaction score

Thants for the reply ldimick, but I have done that. The SID/NID pairing only shows what is programmed for the home SID. I tried just putting in the SID that I need for my location, but none of my prior phones have had a field for NID and I'm not sure what to put there. My service didn't improve after reboot, but I'm not sure if the NID field had anything to do with it.

I know I keep switching between 1x and 3g, and I'm pretty sure the US Cellular tower here has no 3g, so I'm pretty positive it's jumping towers.

Wish I had a real answer. I'll look in Market for some status utilities.

OP
T

Travis798

Reaction score
So I take it there is no status screen that shows the current SID you are on? Some of my previous phones would show it either under a system status or on a network menu code or something. I was hoping the Droid would show it as well. I guess I'll just keep playing with it and hope I figure something out. Sometimes I consider moving from the middle of nowhere just for faster internet and better cell service!