Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
This is awesome! This update fixed everything! Thank you!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Actuallee

Reaction score
Got it up and running with no problems. And yes the file says blur version in it. Move it to the root menu of sd card. Go to settings> about phone. Worked seamlessly

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

stevo95

Reaction score
Latest update. This update is definitely better but has not fixed everything fully. I had data drop out a couple of times again where it shouldn't. Although it did come back relatively quickly with the standard airplane mode toggle.

GPS is definitely a lot better, I did have to turn it on/off once or twice but getting a lock inside very quickly.

No buzz from the headphones.

Phone seems a bit faster although it's always been fast.

Battery doesn't seem a whole lot better but I didnt have any battery issues with Juice Defender and the extended battery, I can easily last the whole day without a charge. Today I switched JD off and kept bluetooth on all day and after 11 hours, I have 35% left. Did a bit of browsing, youtube, calls, BT connection in the car, fairly average day for usage.

One question - webtop. I'm at 5.7.893, unrooted, but webtop version says "unavailable". What do I need to do to get this going?

bassman1547

Reaction score
Down loaded and installed according to the original instructions a. It it installed perfectly.....now......what did I just get? Ha ha, seriously, Does anyone know what exactly what the update did?

killboredom

Reaction score
you are my hero!

It takes a lot to get me to reply on a forum and you sir have succeeded most fantastically!

Installed the 893 update and ran through the following tests:

1. Plug in headphones, what do I hear? NOTHING! Brilliant!
2. Start with Wi-Fi on. Toggle off. Bam, 4G! Wi-Fi back on. Seamless. Back off again. 4G!
3. Airplane mode. Off and On...no more hunting. 4G, blue bars! And more bars that before.

Other observations...UI seems a tiny bit snappier. If anything is more noticeable, I'd say it's my lock-screen. Seems to track with my finger more readily, whereas before, I felt like unlock had a bit of a lag.

While I'm still within my 30 day window of return (Thanks Radioshack!), this is certainly a boost in the "keeping the Bionic" category.

As for the camera, I took a pic earlier tonight with Camera Zoom FX and again the same pick with stock camera. They look essentially the same. If anything, I'd give a slight edge to Camera Zoom FX...but that could be my fault just as well (a bit more in to my 22oz brew than when I took the first pic).

Either way, thanks and thanks again!

Oooh, and in case it wasn't clear to anyone yet:

1. Download file using your Bionic.
2. Unless setup otherwise, move from Download folder on non-external SD to root of external SD. (If you don't, update wont be found)
3. Look for updates through Settings/Phone Info/System Update.

Cheers!

nubia

Reaction score
How do you move from download folder to sd card

jtlayne1969

Reaction score
The update worked for me but the camera is still the worst I've ever seen. My HTC Droid Eris took a lot better pix.

cbrmike

Reaction score
With the data drop issue I am itching to try this but Im really new to this and dont want to brick it. Any finalized noob prof step by step ? maybe a sticky ?

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
One question - webtop. I'm at 5.7.893, unrooted, but webtop version says "unavailable". What do I need to do to get this going?

I had this same problem, apparently from what I read it was caused by the step by step install of the updates
I solved my problem by using the R313AS3DRoot software and restoring the phone to stock
I then applied the one step update and my webtop was fixed

electriclarryland

Reaction score
I downloaded the update Friday using just the phone exactly as directed in the first post and it installed perfectly the first time. After two days everything still seems to work fine. I haven't noticed a big improvement but I didn't have any issues with the phone before other than the camera, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I have the 5.5.893 update but see no reason go through all the steps to end up with the 5.7.893 version since no one seems to see any difference between the two. When ICS comes out I hope that upgrading early will be as trouble free.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I applied the update successfully but lost root after doing it. Pete's one click method no longer works. Has anyone gotten root back yet after updating?

*Nevermind, used R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Last edited:

IanG

Reaction score
Installed the 1-step update as well, went from 5.5.893 to 5.7.893 in one step, quite nice. Phone seems snappier, camera is a bit better, and I'll see how battery life is in a bit.

Stevet86

Reaction score
Just installed the update, I'll be testing it tonight. I have been having a lot of data connection drops here the past few day and hopefully this will help out.

I wasn't able to download the file to my phone so I had to use my computer. Not a big deal.