Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.

lbeberdick

Reaction score
How do i get this update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Inous

Reaction score
When I try to install this on both Stock recovery and ClockWorkMod Recovery I get this..

-- Install / sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening Update Package...
Verifying Update Package...
Installing Update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GuidedTours.apk", "c46169e215483501f77... *a ton of of letters I don't want to type out*")
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Do I need to have all the bloatware installed in order to have this install correctly?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
When I try to install this on both Stock recovery and ClockWorkMod Recovery I get this..

-- Install / sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening Update Package...
Verifying Update Package...
Installing Update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GuidedTours.apk", "c46169e215483501f77... *a ton of of letters I don't want to type out*")
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Do I need to have all the bloatware installed in order to have this install correctly?

I believe I've heard people say they have to have the bloat on to do official updates.

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
Took the plunge and installed the update to my stock bionic. I am noticing better battery life as the amount of battery used for the radio dropped from around 23% to about 6%

Zath

Reaction score
No root. Dled from the op's link and copied to the root of my sd card. Clicked check for updates in settings and it found and installed first try. It did however stick on the boot animation for a good 3-5 mins. Just let it do its thing.. so far no data issues and the annoying voicemail error is gone. Im a happy bionic owner now!

Hshtick

Reaction score
Installed no problem this morning on stock bionic. So far so good. Does anyone know for sure what bugs this is supposed to fix? i.e. Are there Release notes or are we just hopeful.

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
Installed no problem this morning on stock bionic. So far so good. Does anyone know for sure what bugs this is supposed to fix? i.e. Are there Release notes or are we just hopeful.

4g connectivity issues, battery tweaks, etc...

Just remember that it's still unofficial, the official update should come out soon

drogers

Reaction score
is there an update link somewhere? going from 4g to 3g to nothing iznt good at all. if there wuznt wi fi i would not be able to function . went to verizon today just for them to tell me there iz an update they just not sure when

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there an update link somewhere? going from 4g to 3g to nothing iznt good at all. if there wuznt wi fi i would not be able to function . went to verizon today just for them to tell me there iz an update they just not sure when

First post of this thread, but I would read all the posts as there are various ways to install it and even other links (like on post# 57).

Last edited:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Downloaded the file linked by the OP onto my PC. Plugged the phone into my PC and selected "USB External Storage" mode on the phone. Two external drives showed up on the PC -- an 8GB drive and a 16GB drive. Obviously the 16GB drive was the external SD card -- the 8GB is the internal storage and you definitely don't want to put the file there. Dragged and dropped the file (without renaming it) directly onto the 16GB drive. Made sure to "eject" both external drives before I unplugged the phone.

After unplugging the phone from the computer, I selected "About Phone " from the phone's Settings menu, then selected "System Updates." It did it's little "searching for updates" thing, and BAM! It found the update and all I had to do was follow the prompts. Took about 5 minutes (it did *SEEM* to lock up for a minute there, which did kind of concern me, but I just let it do its thing and it turned out OK. Just be darned sure the phone is plugged into the wall-charger before doing this -- my battery said it had 40% before I did the update, and after the reboot it was down to 5%! Imagine if it had run out of battery power -- I'd have a brick right now!).

Anyway, it's now running 5.5.893 and everything seems to be good. I guess I'll know after a few days of usage, whether or not the radio and camera issues are fixed. (Those are the only two issues that have really caused problems for me -- I don't use wired headphones, and I rarely use the internal speaker, so I've not had any of those issues crop up for me.)

I'll post an update after a couple of days...

L.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Downloaded the file linked by the OP onto my PC. Plugged the phone into my PC and selected "USB External Storage" mode on the phone. Two external drives showed up on the PC -- an 8GB drive and a 16GB drive. Obviously the 16GB drive was the external SD card -- the 8GB is the internal storage and you definitely don't want to put the file there. Dragged and dropped the file (without renaming it) directly onto the 16GB drive. Made sure to "eject" both external drives before I unplugged the phone.

After unplugging the phone from the computer, I selected "About Phone " from the phone's Settings menu, then selected "System Updates." It did it's little "searching for updates" thing, and BAM! It found the update and all I had to do was follow the prompts. Took about 5 minutes (it did *SEEM* to lock up for a minute there, which did kind of concern me, but I just let it do its thing and it turned out OK. Just be darned sure the phone is plugged into the wall-charger before doing this -- my battery said it had 40% before I did the update, and after the reboot it was down to 5%! Imagine if it had run out of battery power -- I'd have a brick right now!).

Anyway, it's now running 5.5.893 and everything seems to be good. I guess I'll know after a few days of usage, whether or not the radio and camera issues are fixed. (Those are the only two issues that have really caused problems for me -- I don't use wired headphones, and I rarely use the internal speaker, so I've not had any of those issues crop up for me.)

I'll post an update after a couple of days...

L.

Might as well keep on bumping it up to 5.6.893, then 5.7.893... you'll be happy :icon_ banana:

Seb181

Reaction score
Download file to your pc. hook up bioinic to pc and drag the zip folder (right click drag and click copy here,do not extract it). I dropped into I believe it was F: which would be my SD card in my phone.

I didnt place it any folder, just dropped it in it.

I unplugged phone from usb after doing this. I went to settings and click applications and then made sure the box that said unknown sources was checked.

I then went to my apps and clicked files. I then clicked the the SD card, and after about a second it popped it with an update found and the rest was history. Good luck.

I tired this and it didn't work? Can anyone shed some light please?!?!

woelda3000

Reaction score
Can someone send me a link to the download plz.