HELP. Tried updating to FRG83, now major issue

supraman1990

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been rooted and doing the manual updates since before Froyo was official, and haven't had a problem until now. I tried to update to FRG83, wiped cache and partition as always, but I have an issue. I go to start the update and it says "E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)

I have tried to put the phone in USB mass storage mode and cannot get my computer to recognize it in hopes that I could flash one of my backups on. HELP! Please tell me I have not bricked this thing. I hardly ever wipe cache and partition, and don't think I ever will again since this has happened and I have basically no communication method with the outside world now.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You should have nandroid backups on your sdcard....load one of those.

If you tried to use the official OTA it should fail in recovery anyways. I think there's a rooted on around though if you want to try that route.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
S

supraman1990

Reaction score
I was attempting to load the rooted version. My backups are on the desktop of my pc and my SD card. I just don't think my droid is recognizing my SD card is the entire issue. I don't have another card to verify that the card is bad, nor do I have a way to directly connect it to PC. Other options?

Last edited: