Help! Rom Flash Gone Wrong

klinger

Reaction score
I flashed over to Super Clean 2.1 by JT1134 through Rom Manager, everything was fine until, i decided to reflash back to my back that i had made to go back to factory. To my suprise, only the key for Rom manager was installed. When i go to the Market i am unable to download any app, through the 3g network and through wifi. Whats the best and easiest way to go back to factory? BTW ive already tried hard resetting it through BOOT MENU and the Privacy Menu in the android OS and it doesnt reset anything. All it does is wipe out contacts and text messages, just deletes content but not the actual apps.

So what is the best way to reflsh back to factory, through my backup or through the stock rom. i dont care about losing information. i just want to go back to stock w/ root.

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
it definitely helped, i just installed clockwork from a friends sdcard and that worked magic! Now the kicker is that i keep getting "android.process.acore error. no matter what rom i flash to. even after wiping cache and wiping all data through hard reset on boot and main os erase everything reset. It does the error every 2 seconds literally and is hella annoying. Whats even more interesting is that even after resetting and wiping 5 times, all my data is still on the phone. After reset it immediately resyncs with google, and my downloaded apps are still there! What am i doing wrong?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it definitely helped, i just installed clockwork from a friends sdcard and that worked magic! Now the kicker is that i keep getting "android.process.acore error. no matter what rom i flash to. even after wiping cache and wiping all data through hard reset on boot and main os erase everything reset. It does the error every 2 seconds literally and is hella annoying. Whats even more interesting is that even after resetting and wiping 5 times, all my data is still on the phone. After reset it immediately resyncs with google, and my downloaded apps are still there! What am i doing wrong?

Had an issue like this on my Droid and I fixed it by going to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running Apps/Google Service Framework/Clear Cache/Clear Data.

I don't know that this will work on the Fascinate, but it's worth a try?

Good luck.

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
There really isnt such menu... this is definitely aggravating! Any help is really appreciated!

bigredcat

Reaction score
Go to Rom Manager, and run the Fix Permissions option, and reboot the phone. That usually fixes the errors.

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
Did that twice, and still comes up that force close error

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There really isnt such menu... this is definitely aggravating! Any help is really appreciated!

From one of the home screens when you press the Menu button, you do not have a settings/etc. menu? or an applications menu? or what???

bigredcat

Reaction score
Ok, are you loading the rom in Rom Manager or are you manually installing the rom in a recovery reboot? I always prefer to install the rom myself and not use Rom Manager.

It almost sounds like the data / cache wipe is not doing what it is supposed to for you. Can you go in to Clockwork Recovery and wipe both a few times and reload the rom?

If you dont know how to do that just ask, if you do then great. We are here to help.

plvaulter06

Reaction score

Had an issue like this on my Droid and I fixed it by going to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running Apps/Google Service Framework/Clear Cache/Clear Data.

Good luck.

I also would recommend clearing the market data. I would imagine that will fix your problem

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score

Good luck.

Fascinate is running version 2.1 and i can go up to manage applications but beyond that... all i see is all the apps... i dont have running apps.

in the applications menu i have

-Unknown Sources
-Manage Applications
-Running Services
-Development

i cant find the google services framework.

And yes i have gone through Rom Manager through their boot menu and done wipe like 6 times in a row. and reloaded the rom... and nothing...

How can i clear market data?

plvaulter06

Reaction score
settings/applications/manage applications/market

clear data

Market is an app. Once you clear its data, the next time you start it, it will ask you to sign in again. It should function properly then.

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
fixed it, voodoo fix was preventing it from a proper wipe and cache, so therefore i had to restore the mbn. to the factory one and bravo! restored back to stock... ahhh!!! thank goodness learned my lesson lol

jstevenett

Reaction score
how did you reset your phone this way? i'm having the exact same problem