Rom Manager & JT1134 Question

MassAppeal16

Reaction score
OK so before i start I want to say that I have been researching and cant find the specific answer to my ?'s. That being said... I installed rom manager and selected the back up current rom option. It gives me the date as a save file and I hit ok. It then reboots and asks what I want to do. I select reboot system like normal. Then I go back in to check it and it doesnt have the file for me to view, kind of like its not saved, or it really isnt saved... idk for sure. I would like to install the JT1134 rom w/ the lag fix but I want to make sure I do it right as to not mess my phone up for good. Is there a dummy's guide for this? I read everything I could find on this. Plus in the rom manager it has the download section for the JT1134 rom... can i just dl it from there and it installs it for me? Sorry to be dumb... just being cautios. This is what it tells me...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

dhaymond

Reaction score
Do you have clockworkmod installed? for help with that, Go to the thread that says HOW TO: ROOT Install clockworkmod... for a walk through that will help great.

grenade01

Reaction score
read this whole thing. note some of the reboots take a long time and look like theyre doing nothing. One of my reboots was like 10 minutes of black screen.

Before you use the Clockwork mod phone app, you have to flash the clockwork recovery to your phone. This is different than the app, it lets you install unsigned roms. You know the recovery menu where you wipe your phone and what not? It will replace this with a green one with more options. Download Odin and clockwork recovery image from this guide
How To Flash Clockwork Recovery on Fascinate
and flash the recovery. Then get the market app and go to the JT1134 voodoo from within the clockwork market app and select the one you want to use. I had problems with all of them except the most recent undervolted test one which runs like a dream on my phone.

As for the backup that clockwork makes, I didn't even use that when I reverted back yesterday. (In anticipation of an update soon hopefully). I did the disable_voodoo method of uninstalling which you'll see on various guides for getting rid of voodoo. This is important to do first. Then I grabbed the system image, the kernal image, and the recovery image from the guide below and used odin to flash these three things back. I did not follow his voodoo uninstall or his .pit file part. My phone was not wiped, nor was it unrooted. The image was an old version so afterwards I had to reupdate with the OTA update.

How to Restore you Samsung Fascinate to Factory? Nyne Axis
flash your phone back to stock with odin guide

grenade01

Reaction score
So a quick re-rundown since this is such a touchy process

installing
Odin + Clockwork recovery image changes your recovery menu to green.
Clockwork mod app + rom or kernal of choice should work without that error you had now.

uninstalling
Get rid of rom or kernal per makers instructions such as disable_voodoo with voodoo kernal
flashed the system image for good measure, kernal image in case voodoo left anything behind, and recovery menu to get rid of clockwork recovery.
Got ota update since system image was old...installed without a hitch

OP
M

MassAppeal16

Reaction score
OK I got it to work... Mods can delete this now. Thanks guys!

grenade01

Reaction score
question gets asked a lot, someone else might benefit from the answer :)