help please!!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Use the flash alternate option in ROM Manager to flash SPRecovery. IMO, its easier to use and I've yet to have an issue with it (6 months of flashing). I can give you further details and a walkthrough if you'd like..?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
Use the flash alternate option in ROM Manager to flash SPRecovery. IMO, its easier to use and I've yet to have an issue with it (6 months of flashing). I can give you further details and a walkthrough if you'd like..?

DroidForums junkie!!

yes im trying to get the 2.3 update on my droid 2 global and get a pretty good rom on it as well any suggestions with that?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SP won't work on the D2G as of yet because of the locked down bootloader. You'll have to use CW for that. If your cousin wants to change anything in the future on his phone, SP will work...and can also get you familiar with flashing in general. That knowledge can come in handy with customizing your phone though. I believe team defuse has a working ROM for your phone but, if it were me, I'd hold off for a bit until the full sbf is available...just in case.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
SP won't work on the D2G as of yet because of the locked down bootloader. You'll have to use CW for that. If your cousin wants to change anything in the future on his phone, SP will work...and can also get you familiar with flashing in general. That knowledge can come in handy with customizing your phone though. I believe team defuse has a working ROM for your phone but, if it were me, I'd hold off for a bit until the full sbf is available...just in case.

DroidForums junkie!!

yeah i seen a d2g sbf around that had 2.3 on it but i didnt try it i already screwed up one phone by doing that haha

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
SP won't work on a D2 because SPRecovery was built by someone over at DroidMod, IIRC. It's a D1 only thing and Koush (the mastermind behind the bootstrap/RM/CW thing) keeps hacking on the new phones so he can port his $5 RM brainchild to as many devices as he can.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There's a sbf floating around but its not a full sbf. Shouldn't be long though. Keep a check for it here and MDW.

DroidForums junkie!!

yeah i seen a d2g sbf around that had 2.3 on it but i didnt try it i already screwed up one phone by doing that haha

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True! It would be nice if Sir Psycho surprised us with it though (not holding my breath)!

SP won't work on a D2 because SPRecovery was built by someone over at DroidMod, IIRC. It's a D1 only thing and Koush (the mastermind behind the bootstrap/RM/CW thing) keeps hacking on the new phones so he can port his $5 RM brainchild to as many devices as he can.

DroidForums junkie!!