Milestone meets Droid...

Foolish

Reaction score
Ya I will miss mye eye booting up though. I think let us keep the eye and instead port support for animated backgrounds and animated gif support within the custom rom. Alldroid.org says it will be a week or two before we see a rom for this

evil_O

Reaction score
For those that don't want to hack, anyone have any guesses how long before multi touch will be included in an OS OTA/upgrade?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For those that don't want to hack, anyone have any guesses how long before multi touch will be included in an OS OTA/upgrade?

when the fear of Apple dies.... who knows when that'll be. Can't they just let us have multi-touch in the states? :mad:

evil_O

Reaction score

when the fear of Apple dies.... who knows when that'll be. Can't they just let us have multi-touch in the states? :mad:

I take it Apple has the stranglehold on multi touch here in the states then? I can only imagine they would go after anyone that included that on their phone/OS if that is the case.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I take it Apple has the stranglehold on multi touch here in the states then? I can only imagine they would go after anyone that included that on their phone/OS if that is the case.

Pretty much how it's been. On a side note... how is it that Nikon can so boldly promote it's multi-touch zoom on it's cameras with no issues from Apple? Is it because it's not a smart phone device?

evil_O

Reaction score

Pretty much how it's been. On a side note... how is it that Nikon can so boldly promote it's multi-touch zoom on it's cameras with no issues from Apple? Is it because it's not a smart phone device?

Good question. I have got to think there are/is time limits that allow things like multi touch to be accessible to other companies. Isn't there something written into to copyright laws that only allow for ownership for something like 7 years? Or is this just wishful thinking? Seems like I remember hearing that somewhere at some point.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Good question. I have got to think there are/is time limits that allow things like multi touch to be accessible to other companies. Isn't there something written into to copyright laws that only allow for ownership for something like 7 years? Or is this just wishful thinking? Seems like I remember hearing that somewhere at some point.

i think the copyright deals with 7 'differences'. i may be way off base here. In other words if you change 7 things about a copyrighted material it no longer infringes on the copyright. I don't know how to explain this better, and I'm not even sure I'm on the right track... feel free to correct me/add the rest of the details!

coolkidd

Reaction score
Wow.... Apple would really be pissed off about this... I think I hear a lawsuit coming....

bacalao

Reaction score

I think it is 17 years.

DaHarder

Reaction score
I guess my question would be... Why?

The U.S. version currently the only one with Google Maps w/ TbT, so what's the point of installing the EURO Firmware and lose that feature?

If all you want is 'multi touch' web browsing experience, then I suggest using Dolphin.​