Does any of this apply to a CMDA Milestone?

lmapp

Reaction score
I've had a Droid since Nov and love it. I'm running Froyo and am pretty pleased. I'm having some reception issues at my home, and may switch to Cellular South. They are a regional CDMA carrier and they will be offering the Milestone, but I haven't seen any rooting or flashing info on a CDMA Milestone.

I'm wondering if I'll be stuck with a stock 2.1 phone if I switch.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had a Droid since Nov and love it. I'm running Froyo and am pretty pleased. I'm having some reception issues at my home, and may switch to Cellular South. They are a regional CDMA carrier and they will be offering the Milestone, but I haven't seen any rooting or flashing info on a CDMA Milestone.

I'm wondering if I'll be stuck with a stock 2.1 phone if I switch.

To the best of my knowledge the Milestone is GSM, not CDMA.

I'm not understanding your post at all.

OP
L

lmapp

Reaction score
I've been told that it's basically a Droid, but the "Droid" name is Verizon's. I think that a Milestone is the same phone as the Droid, it's just the non-Verizon name.
Kind of like the Razor came in both CDMA and GSM, but it was still a Razor.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that Cellular South, which is strictly CDMA, will be selling the Milestone.

Motorola Milestone : Coming to Cellular South

It's just got me wondering about the root/rom situation, as it states to be shipping with 2.1 .

Aren't the roms discussed in the Droid forums Verizon specific, or should they work on any CDMA milestone/droid?

Last edited: