HELP!!!! HTC Incredible battery life!!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well at least I know Droid and Incredible users will be fighting for extra battery life side-by-side. lol

Darkseider

Reaction score
Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

It says it can work for the Eris and the Incredible. The way things look, they gonna need higher than 1700 tho. Ok, I see there's another battery. No specs yet tho.

And doing some more reading, if u had the Eris and had the extended battery for that, it will fit the Incredible. Thats the first link above.

Now if they only made a slim extended that fits the Moto Droid.... :angry:

Bxrider117

Reaction score
If the Eris and the Incredible share the same battery life, I purchased a boot leg battery for my wife's Eris that was 2000mah and works great and gives her a day and a half of battery life with mild-heave use. But if the extended battery comes out with 3500mah, that is going to be the way to go. On the Eris, she get 3 days of battery life.

As far as getting the Incredible and ditching the Moto Droid, I am going to wait. I know the end of the year phone with Verizon may be just as good as all Droids on Verizon.

bcrigler

Reaction score
I just traded in my moto droid for the inc. So far I noticed that USB charging via a CPU takes forever. But as soon as I plugged it into a wall socket I was literally watching the battery charge percent increase in a matter of minutes. I know for a fact their is a official extended battery because on the charger it mentions the original battery is 4 hours charging time and the extended battery is 5 hours charging time. I had the moto droid for exactly 30 days. This was my last day for an exchange and I went ahead and did the exchange. I wasn't going to risk rooting the droid to OC and bricking my phone. So I just traded it in. So far so good.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I did everything that this article said to do:

http://www.htc-incredible.com/htc-droid-incredible-pros-and-cons/even-more-battery-savers/

Just tried it, so not sure how effective it is, but I've heard that turning off the "always-on mobile data" will make your battery life 50% better. I pretty much turned off push everything and automatic weather. I have no issue just going and refreshing my email or weather when I want to know.

Hopefully this helps me, because my battery has been lasting about 7 and a half hours from just texting and moderate internet usage. I'm afraid to even try playing my Pokemon Fire Red ROM for very long with no charger.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I just traded in my moto droid for the inc. So far I noticed that USB charging via a CPU takes forever. But as soon as I plugged it into a wall socket I was literally watching the battery charge percent increase in a matter of minutes. I know for a fact their is a official extended battery because on the charger it mentions the original battery is 4 hours charging time and the extended battery is 5 hours charging time. I had the moto droid for exactly 30 days. This was my last day for an exchange and I went ahead and did the exchange. I wasn't going to risk rooting the droid to OC and bricking my phone. So I just traded it in. So far so good.

Saw a write up on that. The deal with the slower charging on the computer is that it is doing a trickle charge by way of the computer USB. It's a full charge using the wall adapter.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
The battery on my Incredible got a little better but still kinda sucks :\. I've noticed that when the phone is actually in the red, the battery goes down slower. Odd!

Is it a myth or truth that it's better for the battery to let it completely die before plugging in? I usually do when it turns red, but I think this time I'll let it die.

Also, I have a glitch in my phone. It says it's been unplugged for like 2 hours- but that's not true. I think it reset itself when I turned it off and on. What the heck?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Found another source of initial battery usage. The Backup Service when you're initially setting up Google to sync with Outlook and other computers. It stays on downloading for an immense amount of time saving and sending info back and forth. I imagine battery life will settle down a lot once that initial setup and fiddling is complete.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
my battery has been lasting a good 20+ hours!!!! im loving it
Haha how the heck has it lasted that long?! My phone lasted 7 and a half hours the other day. 9 and a half today. I do use internet and stuff but not that frequently. My phone like goes down a percent every time i send a freaking text and it's driving me nuts. I knew battery would stink on this but I assumed it'd last me at least a day... I mean jeeze forget using GPS or playing any games on this thing...

Found another source of initial battery usage. The Backup Service when you're initially setting up Google to sync with Outlook and other computers. It stays on downloading for an immense amount of time saving and sending info back and forth. I imagine battery life will settle down a lot once that initial setup and fiddling is complete.
Doesn't that only take a couple of minutes to sync up the info?? All I used gmail for was to transfer my contacts on to this phone..

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
After the initial setup, that's correct, but I also have been tweaking my info between two computers and syncing Outlook contacts. It ended up I had a setting wrong and it was reading/writing contacts back and forth. More than 2300 contacts actually. That actually takes a lot of time. Once I went back, set up dedicated Google Contact folders on both of my Outlooks, things started going much faster. I believe this has it cured now.

Will know more tomorrow. Also made sure the Backup Assistant was set up to operate from midnight to six in the morning, so it would definitely occur when I had the phone on the charger.

muffstic

Reaction score
Go to mobile network and uncheck enable always-on mobile data.

DeekBoy

Reaction score
on one of my home screens i put the programs... GPS, WiFi, and mobile so that way i can turn them on when i need them because i dont always have to be connected