HELP!!!! HTC Incredible battery life!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IIRC it took about 10 charges for my Droid to start getting really good battery life.

I can't wait, I got to ask. How is that possible? Why would the amount of charges have anything to do with battery life?

yungo845

Reaction score
OK I am down to the wire to rade my Droid in for the Incredible (under 30 days). I am dying to get some battery life feedback from HTC Inc. owners..... Is it comparable to the Droids? Thanks

The Standby time on thebattery life is only rated at 146hrs i think battery really sucks on that phone... the droid is rated at 270hrs i'll stick with my droid rooted over clocked at 1.2ghz running ultimatedroid v10update.. until verizon gets something comparable to the evo 4g

SoCalMiles

Reaction score
Yeah only been on it an hour and my Inc. dropped to 82% already. So far that and a slight resolution edge are the only 2 things my Droid has over it!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I dont get is with Sense UI and a higher CPU, u woulda thought HTC woulda at least have the phone come with a better battery to handle the UI. Thats where all the drain might be coming from.

But please Inc owners, post yall battery life experiences. It helps those of us thinking about switching or trying it out.

Darkseider

Reaction score
What I don't get is how Seidio has a slim extended ready to go for the Incredible pretty much on release day yet they can't seem to get the one done for the Moto Droid. You know not everyone wants a pregnant smartphone that requires a custom Seidio case to go along with it. HINT HINT.

SoCalMiles

Reaction score
New batteries take a couple days to break in...hopefully it'll catch up a little. This was the first full charge on it and I've had it for 2 days. Everything else is noticeably faster though. Even with my droid at 1.2ghz, Menus, widgets, wallpapers, web pages (wifi same room) load a lot faster on the Incredible. I think its the difference of a processor designed to run that fast. I've already put so much damn money into cellphones that another battery won't kill me. The speed and response is worth it so far. I like sense ui...it's not as bland as the normal Google experience and they have by far the best widgets. The screen response is amazing...very smooth. Scrolling in web pages and on maps is a lot nicer. I honestly love em both but the incredible really is...(well except the battery life right now...LMAO)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
what i don't get is how seidio has a slim extended ready to go for the incredible pretty much on release day yet they can't seem to get the one done for the moto droid. You know not everyone wants a pregnant smartphone that requires a custom seidio case to go along with it. Hint hint.

+1000000000000000000

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
I'm pretty much basing my decision on getting or not getting the Incredible on the battery life issue. If Seidio releases a 3500mah version like they did with the Eris, then I'll gladly buy the Incredible (assuming it works properly). My Droid, even with the Seidio extended battery has trouble making it a full day with slightly above average usage.

With the Droid Extended battery being 2800mah though, a 3500 version for the Incredible SHOULD at least have the two in the same ballpark.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing as the one I linked to can be used on the Incredible, the 3500 one for the Eris might work too.

atmu

Reaction score
I just got my Inc 2 days ago and the battery is not good. Yesterday, the battery lasted from about 7am-5pm. Today i started with 100% at 9am and it's already down to 25% at 1pm...

I always have bluetooth and wifi off. I use it moderately.

Gonna try to uninstall a bunch of apps and see if maybe something is draining my battery. I tried ATK and Screebl already. Didn't help. In fact, ATK might have made it worse because i didn't have it on autokill the first day and the battery lasted longer.