Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
No "we" don't have an SBF file released for the D2G yet.
The OP was probably instructed to mount and format system by Angdroid.
It is definitely dangerous without an SBF file to recover with in the event of a problem.

If you cant get it to boot into recovery by holding the X key and power then you may have to return it to VZW.

Thanks for the input, CellZealot!

If you see the triangle w/ a exclamation mark press the "search" button(magnifying glass).
I hope you have had that working ROM in the form of Zip in the root of your sdcard (update.zip).
So wonderful that it works. And could you please give me one more favor that where I can get the update.zip rom for D2G. I have updated with Fission's Rom (rename as update.zip) but after all it still be stuck at motorola logo when the phone booting.

Did you do a factory reset from recovery? Try that, it might save your phone and report back.

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
Did you do a factory reset from recovery? Try that, it might save your phone and report back.

Yes, I have just tried but it still not back as normal. I guess that because I formatted the system so it be emptied now and Fission's ROM might not a full rom (45.3MB) so although I installed with this rom, the system files still be missed.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Unfortunately there is no SBF available for that bootloader. Until one is released your phone is nonfunctional. I'm sorry to have to give you the news.

wilboy

Reaction score
First.I'm not sure if this gonna work but let's give this a spin.:)
In your SDCARD,do you have any backup files?you can see that in: /sdcard/clockwordmod/backup (much better if you have full stock rom backup or in FRM if you have downloaded the D2 Global Stock.zip-on your /sdcard/FISSION folder)...if you have,let's try this( my own idea).:)
REQUIREMENTS:
1) micro sdcard adapter
2) Computer w/ SDCARD Slot
3) winrar for zip(but most of the backup files are all in zip files anyway)-optional
Now,take out your micro sdcard to your d2g>insert it inside of ur sdcard adapter>insert it on computer sdcard slot,make one empty folder on your computer to put/copy all those backup files that you may have on your sdcard....once done(lets say you have 3 backups).rename all those 3 backups(ie:update.zip-update1.zip and update2.zip)and copy that back to your /sdcard root.Try it one by one...but be sure to rename the update1 &2.zip into update.zip only to install.
Let's cross our finger!:D

PS::Oh and of corz put back in your micro sdcard to your phone and and do the recovery! ;)
The only thing I'm worried about is ..you formatted the system. But If this things work we may not need a SBF anymore! :D :D

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
First.I'm not sure if this gonna work but let's give this a spin.:)
In your SDCARD,do you have any backup files?you can see that in: /sdcard/clockwordmod/backup (much better if you have full stock rom backup or in FRM if you have downloaded the D2 Global Stock.zip-on your /sdcard/FISSION folder)...if you have,let's try this( my own idea).:)
REQUIREMENTS:
1) micro sdcard adapter
2) Computer w/ SDCARD Slot
3) winrar for zip(but most of the backup files are all in zip files anyway)-optional
Now,take out your micro sdcard to your d2g>insert it inside of ur sdcard adapter>insert it on computer sdcard slot,make one empty folder on your computer to put/copy all those backup files that you may have on your sdcard....once done(lets say you have 3 backups).rename all those 3 backups(ie:update.zip-update1.zip and update2.zip)and copy that back to your /sdcard root.Try it one by one...but be sure to rename the update1 &2.zip into update.zip only to install.
Let's cross our finger!:D

PS::Oh and of corz put back in your micro sdcard to your phone and and do the recovery! ;)
The only thing I'm worried about is ..you formatted the system. But If this things work we may not need a SBF anymore! :D :D

Hi Wilboy, I didn't backup anything, but in logically might I use a backup file from another D2G? My friend have some original D2Gs and haven't used yet.

wilboy

Reaction score
Well,what r u waiting for?go there and copy it!! :D :D
Give it a try! ;)

wilboy

Reaction score
REMEMBER!...next time you FLASH ur ROM,always do the BACKUP!:)

wilboy

Reaction score
Hi wilboy.

Can you share your backup file for me :)
Do you have FRM?,try to download D2 Global Stock Rom,but it's still rooted anyway try to unroot it using SU(terminal emulator)

mr.mike

Reaction score
You mean that if i unroot it ,when i flash to the Fission 2.4.3 ROM ,my phone will be still in unlocked state ?
But in the D2 Global Stock Rom , i can't do any thing...can't not obtain any applications or setting...

wilboy

Reaction score
You mean that if i unroot it ,when i flash to the Fission 2.4.3 ROM ,my phone will be still in unlocked state ?
But in the D2 Global Stock Rom , i can't do any thing...can't not obtain any applications or setting...
Oh,that's another story ,about unlocked?I'm not sure man!Anyway,you have no choice,you don,t make any backup b4 that right?So try it out and be sure...again..BACKUP First!..and wipe cache/data

mr.mike

Reaction score
Okey man :)
I'm a newbie on adroid...I chosen backup option but i forget to check the SD card to see whether backup file was created successful.
I regretted about it. Backup rom before flashing is very very important ,right?

anyway,would you like to confirm again that i can use the backup file of another phone ? maybe this is the only way to solve my problem