Recovery Disappeared

xarxes

Reaction score
After SBF; my D2G won't let me to recovery ~ stuck at the M LOGO
I tried everything including X+Power but it's as if Recovery is fried , it's lost..
Is it possible that the Keyboard is burned? Is there any other way ; any other key or button combination to boot into recovery? Maybe ADB Shell SU from off power?

So far only Software Upgrade mode works ( BootLoader Mode ) ; VolumeUp+VolumeDown+Power

I need another way of entering stock recovery ( other than Xkey+PowerButton )

Please help..

P.S. Why do they call RSD Lite? Is there a non-lite full version which may let me boot into recovery using the computer and USB cable?

Thank you in advance//

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rsdlite is just the name of the windows program. You use it to flash an SBF. You must be in bootloader mode to flash SBF. I'm unfamiliar with how to access bootloader mode on d2g though.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
While phone is off To manually put your device in bootloader mode: Turn off device press and hold the up and down volume buttons power on device (continue to hold the up and down volume buttons) wala - you are in bootloader mode Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window) Select SBF

ddaniel51

Reaction score
Was your phone on the .629 update when you did the sbf? If so it's now a brick with no way to fix it.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
First, about Droid-Xer's responses: the author of the opening post was asking why does RSD Lite have “Lite” in its name. Not how to use it, or what it is.

Second, to ddaniel51's: the author clearly stated that their device is stuck on the red “M” logo. Not on the bootloader screen with that infamous error.

As for the post itself:

1. Check if the phone is detected by your PC when it seems stuck. If so, try entering the shell by starting “adb shell”. Sometimes, if you had USB debugging enabled and there's some issue with the init scripts, the shell would start while the logo is still displayed, as there's nothing to take over the screen. If you do get to the shell, you can issue a “reboot recovery” command to force the phone to boot into the stock recovery.

2. Have you tried reflashing the phone with RSD Lite using the 4.5.608 image? If you didn't, try doing that. If you did, and it didn't help, try using 2.4.29, in my experience it cleans up /data (and cache) which might help in your case.

Oh, and in the future please use the standard forum font. Do not switch it to fancy cursive, please; it makes your post almost unreadable.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Do not switch to fancy cursive
I agree

edit: also this doesn't look like a .629 update problem

Last edited:
OP
X

xarxes

Reaction score
Wish it worked..

First, about Droid-Xer's responses: the author of the opening post was asking why does RSD Lite have “Lite” in its name. Not how to use it, or what it is.

Second, to ddaniel51's: the author clearly stated that their device is stuck on the red “M” logo. Not on the bootloader screen with that infamous error.

As for the post itself:

1. Check if the phone is detected by your PC when it seems stuck. If so, try entering the shell by starting “adb shell”. Sometimes, if you had USB debugging enabled and there's some issue with the init scripts, the shell would start while the logo is still displayed, as there's nothing to take over the screen. If you do get to the shell, you can issue a “reboot recovery” command to force the phone to boot into the stock recovery.

2. Have you tried reflashing the phone with RSD Lite using the 4.5.608 image? If you didn't, try doing that. If you did, and it didn't help, try using 2.4.29, in my experience it cleans up /data (and cache) which might help in your case.

Oh, and in the future please use the standard forum font. Do not switch it to fancy cursive, please; it makes your post almost unreadable.

Thank you Gasai but none of the above worked.. I tried all available SBF's but neither recovery shows up nor the phone go pass the M Logo..
I am hoping with any future update SBF's auto wipe data & cache.. 2.4.29 didn't do it for me nor 2.3.30 or 4.608 ..
ADB was not an option since I couldn't make the phone recognized by the computer from boot with the M Logo..

Though it looks like a nice white brick ;)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, you might have a case of damaged flash memory. Also, now that I think about it, neither /data nor the cache partition are mounted or accessed in any way while the phone shows the Motorola logo (the cache partition is used by the Dalvik VM, and /data is of no interest to the kernel as well), so I doubt the problem lies therein.

Did you try a warranty claim?

OP
X

xarxes

Reaction score
Warranty?

Well, you might have a case of damaged flash memory. Also, now that I think about it, neither /data nor the cache partition are mounted or accessed in any way while the phone shows the Motorola logo (the cache partition is used by the Dalvik VM, and /data is of no interest to the kernel as well), so I doubt the problem lies therein.

Did you try a warranty claim?

I appreciate the advise but the phone is purchased when I was in U.S. and now I'm in Turkey with no Motorola Service behind..
I wonder how to fix damaged flash memory ? Is it something I can buy and replace>?
Is there any other SBF from another phone model I can use?

I was just zapping through menus when it happened and the phone froze completely.. Nothing extraordinary or heavy for the phone to handle :(

By the way , the phone doesn't charge and I also have tried ezSBF with no luck ///

Thanks you a whole bunch buddy..

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm afraid you're SOL. Replacing the flash memory chip would cost you more than purchasing a new device.