Booting to Recovery Mode

lukehathaway

Reaction score
I'm holding the Power Button and the X key but when my phone boots it shows the Motorola logo for about 2 seconds then it disappears for about 3 seconds then comes back. This cycle continues and never actually gets to the recovery mode. I have never rooted it or altered it in any way (other than installing apps of course)....any ideas?

OP
L

lukehathaway

Reaction score
Just took the battery out for about 2 minutes and then put it back in...same thing. I am holding X down before I push the Power Button but no luck just cycles through the Moto logo flashing. I've let it do this for about 5 minutes earlier today hoping that it would work eventually but no luck. Any other ideas anyone?

screwby

Reaction score
silly but are you holding the x button down the whole time....if not you should be...

OP
L

lukehathaway

Reaction score
Yes, I held it down for literally the entire 5 minutes when I tried earlier today. Also, I tried it on my friend's Droid just to be sure that I was doing it correctly and his booted to recovery mode as it is supposed to, so I'm thinking that there is something jacked about mine. Has anyone ever heard of this happening to a never-been-rooted phone?

OP
L

lukehathaway

Reaction score
Just did this and it still is cycling reboot (flashing Motorola logo then rebooting) prior to entering Recovery Mode (therefore never entering Recovery Mode). Really, I just want to do this to manually install 2.1, which should be coming my way in a few days anyway...but this has me wondering if the auto-install will even work? Any ideas whats wrong and/or if the OTA update will work given the inability to even boot to recovery mode?

azazin

Reaction score
Don't you have to hold up on the DPAD then you press the turn on button?

I might be wrong.