Droid 2 Global 2 won't boot into Nandroid

sul7en

Reaction score
Hey guys, I picked up a Droid 2 Global over the weekend from a relative.
I can root it but I can't get it to boot into recovery. I used Z4 and also manually rooted it w/ psneuter --and the thing is totally rooted. I've used clockworkMOD, Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery and Droid X bootstrap recovery and all 3 say they've installed correctly but each one on reboot only boots to the Moto logo.

I've also tried reboot recovery via adb shell and no luck there either...just hangs on the M.
I've read every post I could find on this but most of the threads just lead nowhere.

Any ideas on this one?
Thanks!!:)

Last edited:
OP
S

sul7en

Reaction score
yeah tried that numerous times before posting. The seller (clueless & thinking they were helping) did a factory reset on it. Probably after it had received OTA updates so it is in this crazy confused state. I'm going to SBF it.

In case I wasn't clear it will boot into the OS it just wont boot into Nandroid \\ SPRecovery. I can only get the factory recovery menu when holding X on boot. up. Maybe I need to install the proper files via update.zip but I don't want to risk using the Droid 2 files on a Droid 2 Global and brick it. I can't find update.zip for the Global for SPRecovery.

Last edited:
OP
S

sul7en

Reaction score
Okay I SBF'd and same thing I can boot to OS and stock recovery and all the other utilz mentioned above wont boot into SPRecovery...can anyone help me?

Last edited:
OP
S

sul7en

Reaction score
I could really use some help w/ this.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
download droid 2 bootstraper and clockwork recovery then run those, then try again maybe??

Last edited:

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
Okay I SBF'd and same thing I can boot to OS and stock recovery and all the other utilz mentioned above wont boot into SPRecovery...can anyone help me?

i'm thinking it's rsdlite. i've not used it at all, but i think that is your problem... something about drivers, etc. i've read a lot about problems with SBFing using rsdlite.

if you follow the "SBF with Linux..." i'm thinking it'll be flawless. think about it... gnu/linux flashing gnu/linux... perfect, imo.

pm me if you are not comfortable with using this methodology. I assure you that you won't destroy winbloze. I'm pretty sure it'll work using gnu/linux (of course, i can't guarantee anything 0.o!)

OP
S

sul7en

Reaction score
I got it working not sure WTF I did but its working....and I did it on Win 7!!! Hard to believe huh? I almost installed Linux after reading the posts...oh wait no I didn't because that absolutely never had anything at all to do with it. I've been working with Linux professionally since 1996 and seriously man. ..calm down on the fanboy action. No1 is going to take you seriously with all the raging on Windows. Windows had nothing to do w/ this issue.

Thanks yall. I really do appreciate the help...I owe you one.

Last edited:

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it working. also everything I have done has been on win7 with no issues. its always the operator IMO