hello

sixmoore

Reaction score
I am working with a droid x that is frustrating the hek out of me!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you explain your issue - I am sure we can hep

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues with your X. Have you looked in the forum under the X section for assistance?

OP
S

sixmoore

Reaction score
up until tuesday my droid x was a great phone, for some reason i cannot get email any longer unless i am connected to the wifi at my house. I upgraded the firmware to 2.2, but the problem existed before then. I have a trouble ticket out to verizon, but no help yet. I dont understand, nothing changed on the phone, and all of a sudden i am getting authentication errors, or just timing out trying to retrieve email. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you able to access the email account via a computer? If so, are you have the same issues?

OP
S

sixmoore

Reaction score
I can access email no problem from my laptop, and i can access my gmail email no problem from my phone. It is my personal account from dslextreme, that is the issue. I was on the phone with tech support yesterday for about 2 hours, and they say everything is fine on there end, verizon says maybe they need to check their network, and issued me a trouble ticket. I can text, browse, send and recieve sms messages, just can't access personal email. the real quirky thing about it is that it downloads the messages that come in over night, but during the day, just craps out.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you can access dslextreme with your laptop and during the night your phone receives email from dslextreme. Have any of the settings changed? It seems like your phone is set to receive batch delivery at off hours.

OP
S

sixmoore

Reaction score
i certainly didn't make anychanges, and it is set for data push?