gennie

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Gennie and I own the Droid X ... i decided to join this forum because I needed some answers or resolutions ...

I have issues with my battery draining ..... i charge overnight and unplug by 7:15 am ... before the end of work day, my battery is at 15% ... it really is frustrating ....

I hope this community can help me ...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
You came to the right place for help. :)
As far as battery problems with smart phones, they don't get the best battery life in general, you should expect to have to charge it at least once a day.
How often are you using your phone? This might give us some insight as to any problems there might be.
After heavy usage for about 5 hours on my Droid X I have to charge it.
Enjoy your stay with us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum Gennie. These Droids seem to have a big appetite for batteries. I carry a charger with me. Settings the screen to auto brightness and turning off wifi, bluetooth and the gps when not using them helps.

OP
gennie

gennie

Reaction score
Battery - Newbie

Hello Quicksilver,

Thank you for fast response!

I use my phone all day, both for home and work... it is on all day ... i wanna say i text more than i talk on the phone if i can help it ....

There are times when i didn't even use the phone and all of a sudden the battery status turns yellow ....

I read a post to download an app called Spare Parts .... i did and it told me exactly what was draining my battery ...

Are there any other droid apps that i need to install to help with my droid's performance? Please advise.... thanks!

OP
gennie

gennie

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy/Fascinate

I keep hearing and reading about this phone .... i finally saw it in the store .. is this a better phone than the droid x? not only by looks, but also battery performance? thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I think you'll get similar battery results with any smart phone. "Is this a better phone than the droid X", really depends on what you want/need in a phone. If it was me, I'd go with the X. But thats my own opinion.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For starters I always have my wifi, gps and bluetooth turned off when I am not using them. There's a widget called power controle that gives you quick on/off access to these features. Here's a pic of it at the top of my home screen.
aefcf08f-68c1-2fbc.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I keep hearing and reading about this phone .... i finally saw it in the store .. is this a better phone than the droid x? not only by looks, but also battery performance? thanks

What phone is that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
gennie

gennie

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy/Fascinate .... the phone i keep hearing or reading about...

Do you have any other apps you recommend for my Droid X?

OP
gennie

gennie

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Gennie. These Droids seem to have a big appetite for batteries. I carry a charger with me. Settings the screen to auto brightness and turning off wifi, bluetooth and the gps when not using them helps.

Thank you for your help CJM! dancedroid

Reaction score
I like the Samsung but I think the X is better really. It has a bigger screen so it is easier to see. As for battery life I think everyone here has given you the best oprions for a stock phone. I also carry a charger with me and have to plug in once a day besides the all night charge.

Sent from my bodily extension.