Hello fellow Androidians!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by bronx finest, Feb 11, 2010.

1. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to pick up my Moto Droid this week (either tomorrow or Sat) and I'll be a part of the show soon.

I'm leaving the BlackBerry world behind, as I am growing tired of my Storm (original), and their specs/capabilities are yet to improve. I mean all I typically like to do is, chat with my fiancee, my friends, get the weather, browse the web, read a few items through RSS, stream Pandora, watch YouTube, and order movie tickets through my phone.

All of which could be done from a BlackBerry device, but there's even more that can be done on an Android device, so I'm going to give it a shot. Only issue is, I had 40 people on my BBM, 20 of which I speak to regularly, so that's going to be a change for me.

I also love Linux, and the OSS world, and what it means to competition.

2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +933
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Welcome to the forums Bronx...

Great to have you on board here.

Enjoy the Droid

3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Welcome.....

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Welcome aboard. This is a great forum with great people on it. Read everything you can and you will find all the answers you need. I was noticing just a few minutes ago someone posted a question and in less than 2 minutes had it answered and answered correctly. You can't get that kind of customer service from anyone these days.

Have fun. BTW, I am from this point forward never going to use the phrase "Smart Phone". The Droid is a "Shirt Pocket Laptop" (SPL). :icon_ banana:

5. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest with you, I agree.

"Smartphones" are pretty dumb in comparison with Android equipped phones. :p

And yep, the Forums are especially quick on help, way easier than dialing in an 800# then dealing with some idiot (more often than not) that is just cycling through a sheet or database.

6. Candice

Candice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm an ex-BBer too, and never thought about my BBM contacts. I stopped using it a month ago, but, and bear in mind, i'm not the least bit "techie" or up to my ears in Droid info, I don't think there's a Droid/BBM cross-over. They may just be lost. Or convince them all to move to gtalk. It's much better anyway.

Enjoy your phone/mini-netbook. :)

7. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, there isn't :p

But text/email will have to do, or good ole Gtalk. How is the interface on the Droid? That's one thing I've yet to see or look into (I have a tendency of over-researching my "next" move).

I did convince them to originally get their BB's, now I will have to bring them to the dark side :D

8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to meet ya bronx! Welcome to the site !

9. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Picked it up, and I love it so far, just botched an install of the invisishield, I didn't want to use the liquid it comes with (bad experience with Storm) so I gotta go pick another protector at the Verizon store.

FML