1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid noob here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by tdetroit, Jan 10, 2010.

1. tdetroit

tdetroit New Member

Hey fellow Androiders. I'm new to the Android platform, but not new to smartphones. I'm a Systems Engineer for a major research University in Michigan, and here's my Smartphone history:

BlackBerry 8800 World Edition (loved it, but hated not having a camera)
    Motorola Q9c (great phone, hindered by Microsoft Mobile Windows)
    BlackBerry Curve (phone was ok, but wanted something more cutting edge)
    iPhone 3G (NO FLAMING-loved the phone, BUT I hated the battery life and the fact that you can't remove the batter to pop in a spare, and I dropped calls left and right)
    BlackBerry Storm (I went through 3 Storms in 8 months due to hardware defects)
    Motorola Droid (had it for a week, so far I love this badboy!)

I never keep a phone for more than 8-10 months, and I've switched providers as well. It's an expensive hobby with all of the early termination fees, but I want a phone that will work properly, and I also don't want to drop calls all the time. So far, the Droid has met all of my requirements, and then some. Hopefully, I will keep this phone for more than 10 months, unless Motorola comes out with the Droid 2 with more memory.....
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Welcome......Enjoy your stay....
  3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

That is quite a list! I hope to hang onto this phone for awhile! Welcome to the Forums!
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums. Quite a list of devices you have going on there.

Hopefully the Droid will keep you satisfied until the "Droid 2" rolls out : )

Glad to have you onboard here.

Enjoy