HEADS UP! Asurion DOES NOT COVER WATER DAMAGE!!!

djchon661

Reaction score
Asurion may cover water damage for your original device but it will NOT cover water damage for phones it has replaced.

I just got off the phone with a two different reps that told me water damage VOIDS their 1 year guarantee.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Asurion WILL cover liquid damage. Your one year manufacturer warranty is void due to liquid damage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
Asurion WILL cover liquid damage. Your one year manufacturer warranty is void due to liquid damage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You just made, NO sense right now.

They will cover liquid damage though liquid damage voids the warranty?

How about this,

Call asurion and tell them you dropped your replacement phone in a bucket of water and see what they say.

robert70

Reaction score
Asurion has covered my phones no matter what,, which plan did you pick? Because I have total coverage, and it doesn't matter if its my third phone in the sink, toilet. Or piranha tank , its covers,, keep in mind however they can set a limit on the number of claims per year.

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
Asurion has covered my phones no matter what,, which plan did you pick? Because I have total coverage, and it doesn't matter if its my third phone in the sink, toilet. Or piranha tank , its covers,, keep in mind however they can set a limit on the number of claims per year.

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

Water Damage VOIDS the 1 year guarantee you get with a Asurion Replacement device. Period.

Asurion will replace your ORIGINAL device if it is water damaged. But if you drop the replacement device they sent you in a pool it voids the warranty. Please don't mislead anybody here.

I posted this to help people. By claiming they will cover water damage on a Asurion replacement device you are lying and confusing people who may need help!

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
LET ME REPEAT MYSELF:

Your ORIGINAL device will be covered in the case of accidental water damage. That is a good thing.

The replacement you receive from Asurion after you make a claim has a 1 year warranty.

The 1 year warranty on the replacement device is NULL AND VOID if it has water damage.

I just got off the phone with two reps, where I was told by BOTH that water damage was not covered and I had to remove my phone back and tell them the status of my water damage indicator.

Why would they care about my water damage indicator if water damage was covered?
Never mind the fact that THEY TOLD ME WATER DAMAGE VOIDED THE WARRANTY!

To be completely honest, the first rep made it seem like they wouldn't cover the phone if I had dropped it either.

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
In my case, my phone was not damaged in any way by me. No water or physical damage but Asurion will try to void your warranty if they suspect water damage.

dautley

Reaction score
In my case, my phone was not damaged in any way by me. No water or physical damage but Asurion will try to void your warranty if they suspect water damage.
You said "try to" so are you saying they covered it?
It's been my experience Asurion will cover it for any reason as long as it's not over the three device limit.
What UrbanBounca is saying is liquid damage voids your warranty with Moto and Verizon, Asurion could care less. They will charge a $80.00 or $90.00 replacement fee however.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First and foremost, you need to understand the difference between warranty and insurance. Every new handset comes with a one year warranty through the manufacturer that can be void to liquid/physical damage. Asurion gives a 90-day (or previous handset warranty, whichever is longer) warranty on their replacement devices.

That said, I made perfect sense. You simply don't understand the difference between the two.

Also, I believe Asurion will cover your liquid/physical damaged devices twice in a one year period, as long as you keep insurance on your account for that device the entire time.

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
You said "try to" so are you saying they covered it?

They tried to get me to say my phone was water damaged. Which it wasn't. So my phone is being replaced. If my phone was water damaged they would not have replaced it. But I want to share my experience. Hopefully it helps others who deal with Asurion.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They tried to get me to say my phone was water damaged. Which it wasn't. So my phone is being replaced. If my phone was water damaged they would not have replaced it. But I want to share my experience. Hopefully it helps others who deal with Asurion.

What color was the LDI?

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
First and foremost, you need to understand the difference between warranty and insurance. Every new handset comes with a one year warranty through the manufacturer that can be void to liquid/physical damage. Asurion gives a 90-day (or previous handset warranty, whichever is longer) warranty on their replacement devices.

That said, I made perfect sense. You simply don't understand the difference between the two.

Also, I believe Asurion will cover your liquid/physical damaged devices twice in a one year period, as long as you keep insurance on your account for that device the entire time.

It may have made sense in your head but as you typed it out it did not. Much better job on the clarity of your statement the second time around. And I am not talking about the Insurance Asurion provides. I'm talking about the 1 year guarantee/warranty you receive on your replacement device.

THAT I may have not made clear.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It may have made sense in your head but as you typed it out it did not. Much better job on the clarity of your statement the second time around. And I am not talking about the Insurance Asurion provides. I'm talking about the 1 year guarantee/warranty you receive on your replacement device.

THAT I may have not made clear.

And thanks for assuming what I may or may not understand. Great trollish behavior. Really top notch.

Where did you get your replacement device?

OP
djchon661

djchon661

Reaction score
What UrbanBounca is saying is liquid damage voids your warranty with Moto and Verizon, Asurion could care less. They will charge a $80.00 or $90.00 replacement fee however.

Asurion provides a 1 year warranty on the product they send you. The warranty is void if the device receives water damage. I'm not talking about Moto or Verizon. They provide the warranty, I believe, on products that they manufacturer.