HEADS UP! Asurion DOES NOT COVER WATER DAMAGE!!!

anwarlucas

Reaction score
PhoneClaim.com - Verizon phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phoneafter reading the limitations, there are no limits to how many replacements due to water damage. meaning you can do your standard "2 claims per policy year, equipment max $400 phones/$1,500 advanced devices per claim"... what that means is, if you bought your phone 6 months ago, dropped it in water, your "manufactures warranty" is no longer covering your device because you "damaged" your device by having "liquid" enter and destroy the device. now after 6 months of owning said device and dropping it in or on "liquid" you would have to "pay" your "deductible" of up to $129.. now the replacement comes to you, that replacement now comes with a brand new 1 year "manufactures warranty", now if you drop that in or on "liquid" again, it voids this "manufactures warranty", you now have to "pay" your "deductible" again of up to $129. now if that replacement DID NOT fall in or on "liquid" but the screen stopped working, or speaker does not work, they will "replace" without a "deductible".

"Coverage Limitations
a. Claim Authorization and Loss Payment
We have the right to settle the loss with the Enrolled Group Member or
his or her designee. No claims will be accepted unless authorized by
Asurion. All repairs and replacements must be done by Asurion unless
Asurion gives the Enrolled Group Member other specific directions. In
no event will Enrolled Group Members be reimbursed for any out-ofpocket expenses.
b. Cosmetic Damage
We will not repair or replace any cosmetic damage, however caused,
that does not affect the manufacturer’s intended use.
This includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Cracking, marring, scratching or warping;
(2) Change in color or other change in the exterior finish.
c. Covered Under Warranty
We will not make any repair or replacement for loss or damage that is
covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
d. Late Claims
We will not cover claims reported to the Authorized Service Center more
than 60 days after the discovery of the loss or damage. If reporting a
claim to the Authorized Service Center cannot occur within 60 days of
discovery for reasons beyond the insured’s control, such notice of claim
to the Authorized Service Center should occur as soon as practicable.
e. Two Claims
Each Enrolled Group member is limited to 2 covered claims during
a policy year. When this limit is exhausted, we will send the Enrolled
Group Member written notice which will state that his or her coverage is
exhausted for the policy year, as of the effective date shown in the notice."

CD95YJ

Reaction score
anwarlucas said:
PhoneClaim.com - Verizon phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phoneafter reading the limitations, there are no limits to how many replacements due to water damage. meaning you can do your standard "2 claims per policy year, equipment max $400 phones/$1,500 advanced devices per claim"... what that means is, if you bought your phone 6 months ago, dropped it in water, your "manufactures warranty" is no longer covering your device because you "damaged" your device by having "liquid" enter and destroy the device. now after 6 months of owning said device and dropping it in or on "liquid" you would have to "pay" your "deductible" of up to $129.. now the replacement comes to you, that replacement now comes with a brand new 1 year "manufactures warranty", now if you drop that in or on "liquid" again, it voids this "manufactures warranty", you now have to "pay" your "deductible" again of up to $129. now if that replacement DID NOT fall in or on "liquid" but the screen stopped working, or speaker does not work, they will "replace" without a "deductible".

That's what I said...

wakeboredb

Reaction score
So if I'm having issues with the headphone jack on my phone, would it be better to file a claim through Asurion or directly with Motorola?

nateohio

Reaction score
wakeboredb said:
So if I'm having issues with the headphone jack on my phone, would it be better to file a claim through Asurion or directly with Motorola?

If your still in your original warranty (which you should be) call Verizon.

They'll make it right with an actual FACTORY cln replacement. I'd trust Moto's cln's far more than a 3rd party

CD95YJ

Reaction score
nateohio said:
If your still in your original warranty (which you should be) call Verizon.

They'll make it right with an actual FACTORY cln replacement. I'd trust Moto's cln's far more than a 3rd party

This, unless you didnt buy a new bionic through verizon, then you have to make an asurion claim.

nateohio

Reaction score
CD95YJ said:
This, unless you didnt buy a new bionic through verizon, then you have to make an asurion claim.

I didn't by mine through Verizon and I've had 4 cln's through them.

I bought mine from one of Amazons penny sales

CD95YJ

Reaction score
nateohio said:

Sorry, i should have said if you didnt buy it new (ie from ebay/craigslist) then you have to use asurion, if it was bought new and less than a year old you can use the warranty unless you caused the damage to the headphone jack from anything other than "normal" use.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Asurion may cover water damage for your original device but it will NOT cover water damage for phones it has replaced.

I just got off the phone with a two different reps that told me water damage VOIDS their 1 year guarantee.

I've replaced several replacements due to water damage. And, even IF this a new policy, pull out the battery, and say you lost it or it got stolen.

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
AcridGosling said:
I've replaced several replacements due to water damage. And, even IF this a new policy, pull out the battery, and say you lost it or it got stolen.

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

So your saying commit insurance fraud...

AcridGosling

Reaction score
So your saying commit insurance fraud...

Well, you COULD word it like that. However, I would say that they are ethically required to replace it. And once again, I have never had any problems getting it replaced without fibbing.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
AcridGosling said:
Well, you COULD word it like that. However, I would say that they are ethically required to replace it. And once again, I have never had any problems getting it replaced without fibbing.

As a cop i will word it that way because insurance fraud is illegal and drives up the cost for the rest of us. Now please explain how asurion is "required" to replace a water damaged phone if water damage is excluded from their coverage, which its not...

CD95YJ

Reaction score
nateohio said:

Any way, back on topic. I would assume to have it replaced under the warranty you will have to go through amazon since they will have the record if the original sale and verizon does not.

nateohio

Reaction score
CD95YJ said:
Any way, back on topic. I would assume to have it replaced under the warranty you will have to go through amazon since they will have the record if the original sale and verizon does not.

You're missing my point...i purchased mine through Amazon and have already had multiple warranty replacements through Verizon. I've also done this same exact thing with my Droid 2 and X2.

I've never had it be a problem getting warranty replacements through Verizon.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
wakeboredb said:

This was your original post was it not? Guess i didnt see the point you were trying to make here as it appears to be a question and not a statement...

nateohio

Reaction score
CD95YJ said:
This was your original post was it not? Guess i didnt see the point you were trying to make here as it appears to be a question and not a statement...

Nope, not my original post...not even my post

Last edited: