water damaged :(

maxx1976

Reaction score
So I got this bionic in trade with water damage(not a big deal cause I traded junk for it) and I figured id try to activate it anyway to see what it does. Internet fine, activation process went smooth. Only thing is it wont make/accept calls. Just says the number is not activated. I was wondering if anyone knew if there may be a.fix for this or should I just sell it to one of those we buy broken phones places?

OP
M

maxx1976

Reaction score
Another question, is it possible I just got an imcompetent service rep? I mean every thing else worked fine. Searched a few sites and brought in my contacts without issues. Could it be she just didnt click something to completely activate?

OP
M

maxx1976

Reaction score
Well I tried that when I was at the Verizon store and it said please contact your carrier. I was like wth thats what im doing! Arrrgghh. I think it was a new csr also it wasnt a corporate Verizon. I just got off the phone w cs and they said the phone is clear but still activated on another account. So I ask my buddy where this phone came from and he said he got it in trade but the guy he got it from had like 30 phones and doesnt know exactly who owned it. Grrreeaattt. Csr said they could do a 3 way call and get the guy to release it. Im gonna give it a shot tomorrow I guess. Maybe the phone actually is fine. Who knows.

OP
M

maxx1976

Reaction score
Ok can someone tell me what I just did. Everytime I kept trying to reset this phone, it kept having a contact listed as "me" which im assuming was the previous owners number. So, I turned it off. Held both vol buttons and then held power button with it. Brought me to some boot menu. This is where I cant remember exactly....I think I chose reset or reformat. It went to a pagr with a Droid and exclamation mark, then I held both vol and it brought another menu. Every option said no except one that said clear all user data or something like that. Then I selected reboot and now it doesnt have "me" in the contacts. Have I basically cleared it from being "active" on an account? Sorry I keep posting on my own thread. I better ceck the.rules before I get my self banned before I get 10 posts lol.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
maxx1976 said:
Ok can someone tell me what I just did. Everytime I kept trying to reset this phone, it kept having a contact listed as "me" which im assuming was the previous owners number. So, I turned it off. Held both vol buttons and then held power button with it. Brought me to some boot menu. This is where I cant remember exactly....I think I chose reset or reformat. It went to a pagr with a Droid and exclamation mark, then I held both vol and it brought another menu. Every option said no except one that said clear all user data or something like that. Then I selected reboot and now it doesnt have "me" in the contacts. Have I basically cleared it from being "active" on an account? Sorry I keep posting on my own thread. I better ceck the.rules before I get my self banned before I get 10 posts lol.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with you phone but I can assure you that you won't get banned for replying to your own thread. Even if you answer your own questions. But if you do that too much we just might have to put you in a padded thread of your own.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

OP
M

maxx1976

Reaction score
Who knew you could find such cozy accommodations at an online forum ;)

Well I hope I have unactivated it, but with my luck I just cleared the phone but the account remains active with this phone when I try to get a new Sim. We shall see.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck and I hope it works.

Actually posting on your own thread is good as you are reporting on your success or failure. Others can learn from it.

It's creating multiple threads on the same subject that they frown on.

OP
M

maxx1976

Reaction score
Well went to the vz store and they checked it again. Clear and ready for activation. :)

But I didnt activate it cause they wanted $25 to do it. Ill keep looking at different Verizon stores. I swear they just make up a price. The other day the lady was like" its going to be $15, is that ok?" I said no it should be free or super cheap like $5. She then said "I can do it for $10" ha ha