Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

khelek

Reaction score
OK, I'll be honest, since my first attempt and finding things wonky, I've gotten this horrible feeling things just aren't right since the upgrade. Went back through the manual update process and things seem to be better, but not without weirdness. I hate weirdness :)

However, the one thing I've noticed consistently it seems is voice to text (in both messaging/email/seesmic/etc and in the search widget). I would be able to successfully use it a few times, but then, after a while, it just gives me an "Error! Please try again" message. Once I reboot the phone, it'll work for a bit, and then beging giving me the error message again. Finally, I did a battery pull and the few times I've tried it since, it's worked, but I'm not sure if the battery pull really fixed it or I'll run into it again.

Thought I'd throw it out there.

rjm5151

Reaction score
not sure if anyone noticed..im using the stock sms app and gmail and whenever email/sms comes in when the phone is NOT asleep it doesnt do the LED blink, but when its asleep it blinks now..

I really like that big positive to me

Reaction score
This is no problem but i was just wondering if anyone also noticed that when powering off the phone..it also makes the "Droid" sound now...never noticed it before till this update. and just to clarify things..is it still possible to get the OTA notification update?

Yes powering off gave me the Drooooiiiiiiid as well.

No you will not be prompted with the OTA notification

Thanks again CK. but I will be receiving Future updates right?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay did battery pull like CK suggested and let the phone power back up. I am still having a lot of lag issues with any of my apps. Screen seems to do a 3-4 second lag to black before the app opens. The touch screen does not seem as responsive as before. Not sure what to do at this point, I have a feeling this maybe some of the issues with this update. :unsure:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay did battery pull like CK suggested and let the phone power back up. I am still having a lot of lag issues with any of my apps. Screen seems to do a 3-4 second lag to black before the app opens. The touch screen does not seem as responsive as before. Not sure what to do at this point, I have a feeling this maybe some of the issues with this update. :unsure:

Really? Because mine seems to be working fine. :)

Next thing to do is a factory reset. Settings/Privacy/Factory Reset.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hook or CK, if I do a factory reset do I loose all my apps and custom settings? I had just finally got the phone set up the way I liked and was running great before the update. I didn't want to root so I had really worked on it and was happy. But now if I do the factory reset do I loose all that?

7 VII 7

Reaction score
Ok, I just re-installed 2.1 again and it is still slow when I have the LiveWallpaper up and running.

Why is this? Anyone else having this issue? I did a battery pull also.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Okay did battery pull like CK suggested and let the phone power back up. I am still having a lot of lag issues with any of my apps. Screen seems to do a 3-4 second lag to black before the app opens.

Whats best to do now is list ALL your installed apps and what live wall you are running.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hook or CK, if I do a factory reset do I loose all my apps and custom settings? I had just finally got the phone set up the way I liked and was running great before the update. I didn't want to root so I had really worked on it and was happy. But now if I do the factory reset do I loose all that?
nope you will be good. You will not lose your apps....

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I had that problem with Live Wallpapers. Turned them off and went back to basic wallpaper and some of my lag issues resolved. I don't think live wallpapers is all that, with my phone it seem to create more problems than it is worth. Just my opinion.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah I had that problem with Live Wallpapers. Turned them off and went back to basic wallpaper and some of my lag issues resolved. I don't think live wallpapers is all that, with my phone it seem to create more problems than it is worth. Just my opinion.
I've been running the neural one since this morning (for testing)and have yet to have a problem.

Some run better than others. It's the nature of the beast : )

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running the neural one since this morning (for testing)and have yet to have a problem.

Some run better than others. It's the nature of the beast : )

Running the one that looks like a pool of water with leaves in it. No lag at all.

ci2019

Reaction score
Ok, I just re-installed 2.1 again and it is still slow when I have the LiveWallpaper up and running.

Why is this? Anyone else having this issue? I did a battery pull also.

I am not able to percieve any difference in speed between a static wallpaper and live wallpaper being installed. I tested the galaxy and digital rain. Stands to reason it would be slower with a live wallpaper though.

rjm5151

Reaction score

Mine has really been the opposite since the upgrade. All the things your mentioning lagging have actually improved for me since the update.