Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks CK.

Another question and I am not sure if this is the place or not so if its not, moderators please let me know where I a suppose to ask.

I have seen folks here talk about the 3D Gallery and the 2.1 Launcher. Where do I find those? Did the gallery come auto with the 2.1 update? And my app drawer is the same as before the update so I am wondering if what I saw and hear others talking about was apps on a rooted phone. Can someone clarify for me?

Please take a look here for the launcher:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/29849-helixlauncher-helixlauncher-2-a.html

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

strobez395

Reaction score
Out of curiosity and slight concern, how long should my phone be looping between the droid and red eye logo?

papy72

Reaction score
Out of curiosity and slight concern, how long should my phone be looping between the droid and red eye logo?
I dont think it should be looping at all. IIRC you should get the Droid logo, then the red eye for a while, then your slide screen.

strobez395

Reaction score
I'm reinstalling now. It was looping red eye, drew the word droid, red eye, drew droid, over and over and over.

shannonhill58

Reaction score
I still have no pinch to zoom on browser. wtf? that was one feature i was looking for.

azazin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the speech to text function back like in 2.0.1? I tried installing it but it keeps unsintalling itself.

also, is it possible for me to uninstall the gmail app and the motonav app?

Thanks!
P.S. I have a UK Milestone 2.1

strobez395

Reaction score
Originally Posted by strobez395
Reinstalled and it keeps doing it....what should I do now..
Try pulling the battery and rebooting, it worked for me

Tried the battery pull twice already, guess I'll give it a couple more shots...if nothing I guess I'll do a factory reset.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Strobez do a factory reset. A battery pull wont fix the looping issue. If it didn't work after a few it's not going to happen.

report back after you have restored

strobez395

Reaction score
Factory reset worked, lost everything but at least it turns on and I have 2.1update1 now.

ci2019

Reaction score
I still have no pinch to zoom on browser. wtf? that was one feature i was looking for.

I think some sites designed for mobile such as m.cnn.com won't zoom. Try a different site such as nfl.com. Zoom works there for me.

I just had a thought. Isn't it "un-pinch" to zoom :)