Have leaked ICS on rooted bionic. Cannot get OTA update to .246?

tjrobinson

Reaction score
So, I updated to the leaked ICS several months ago (using cheesecake.apk) and have system version 6.7.232.xt875, Android version 4.0.4, build number 6.7.2-223_dbn_m4-9. I used to get the message "check or updates not available" so I did a system reset. Now I get the message "your system is up to date". Has the OTA update just not reached CA yet or am I missing something else? Do I need to downgrade back to GB? I don't have a backup of the original system as the upgrade via cheesecake apparently didn't do that. Also, I have safeboot installed. I have tried using RDSlite, but for some reason it doesn't see my phone (and I have the most recent drivers installed).

Crazebeats

Reaction score
Have to be on 905 to get the ota. You will either have to rsd to 905 or Google house of bionic and read instructions

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dluke

Reaction score
So, I updated to the leaked ICS several months ago (using cheesecake.apk) and have system version 6.7.232.xt875, Android version 4.0.4, build number 6.7.2-223_dbn_m4-9. I used to get the message "check or updates not available" so I did a system reset. Now I get the message "your system is up to date". Has the OTA update just not reached CA yet or am I missing something else? Do I need to downgrade back to GB? I don't have a backup of the original system as the upgrade via cheesecake apparently didn't do that. Also, I have safeboot installed. I have tried using RDSlite, but for some reason it doesn't see my phone (and I have the most recent drivers installed).

If you want the OTA you need to FXZ back to GB .905.. Or you can use HOB and just install .246 that way.. But either way you're gonna need your phone to be recognized through USB so make sure your using the factory cable that came with the phone and try a different USB port or different comp

dluke

Reaction score
Haha.. Sorry Craze, your post wasn't there when I started the reply.. You beat me to it

livinginkaos

Reaction score
I am surprised that if you used cheesecake to get the update that you didn't know that you needed to be on the last official release in order to get the OTA......

HoB with save data option is the best way, but be aware that unless you have a completely unique problem you will NOT get individual support. Sam has an extensive FAQ that covers everything that has come up thusfar and does not have the time to handhold. Read thoroughly before flashing.

nateohio

Reaction score
I am surprised that if you used cheesecake to get the update that you didn't know that you needed to be on the last official release in order to get the OTA......

HoB with save data option is the best way, but be aware that unless you have a completely unique problem you will NOT get individual support. Sam has an extensive FAQ that covers everything that has come up thusfar and does not have the time to handhold. Read thoroughly before flashing.

This surprises you Kaos? Doesn't surprise me one bit...yet another example of people just blindly flashing stuff without actually learning anything beforehand. Personally, when i first got into rooting/flashing roms/etc.. a couple of years ago...I made absolutely sure I knew how to recover before I worried about doing anything else.

No wonder Sam gets so aggravated!

livinginkaos

Reaction score
This surprises you Kaos? Doesn't surprise me one bit...yet another example of people just blindly flashing stuff without actually learning anything beforehand. Personally, when i first got into rooting/flashing roms/etc.. a couple of years ago...I made absolutely sure I knew how to recover before I worried about doing anything else.

No wonder Sam gets so aggravated!
That's why I thought it important to mention the no support aspect. I see too many people just guiding the lost to HoB. It was never meant for that. I guess if for no other reason, cheesecake not working on ICS is good for this.

OP
tjrobinson

tjrobinson

Reaction score
I've been playing around with it a bit and I can get RDS to see the phone when I connect it in BP SDF flash mode, but not AP fastboot. I then tried flashing the update I downloaded and it fails for not being able to switch to AP fastboot. I'm not sure I want to try the HoB method as it is pretty lengthy and appears to be a custom rom(?). I may be wrong there, but that is how it reads.

jayrod

Reaction score
I've been playing around with it a bit and I can get RDS to see the phone when I connect it in BP SDF flash mode, but not AP fastboot. I then tried flashing the update I downloaded and it fails for not being able to switch to AP fastboot. I'm not sure I want to try the HoB method as it is pretty lengthy and appears to be a custom rom(?). I may be wrong there, but that is how it reads.

Hahaha..The HoB is not a lengthy process...it's been coded to work very well with only the user following the on screen prompts. Take a look at the HoB thread and the FAQ thread. The HoB install comes with both of those . Just make sure you read what files you need and the "What if this happens" stuff prior to flashing so you will know what to expect.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Please for the love of God, do NOT use my product. I already don't like where that's headed. Find another solution.

OP
tjrobinson

tjrobinson

Reaction score
Samuri, from what I've read I can tell you've put a lot of work into HoB and I have not read through all of the instructions yet. The main problem I'm trying to resolve is why RSDlite won't recognize my phone in fastboot. If your setup is the best way to go I will make sure to read through everything. I'm not a noobie at this as I've rooted this phone plus a droid 1 and installed custom roms. I have no problem with a lengthy process but I do want it to be simple and easy to follow. If I have to download a bunch of stuff to my phone, well, I've done that before too. It would just be simpler if I could get the fastboot mode to be recognized by RSD.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First, I have indeed put a LOT of work into the HoB and the instructions. Second, it'd fix your phone in about 15 minutes with no data loss. Third, my FAQ explains all the reasons why a phone won't be recognized. Fourth, and this is the most important part...I ain't doing support. People can either figure out how the HoB works by reading or they can't. I put an enormous amount of time into creating the instructions and making it user friendly...I'm certainly not going to waste my time repeating all that information. RSD is not the only solution. The HoB has multiple ways of flashing. But all this is explained.

dautley

Reaction score
So here's the deal, I went to .246 using HoB, I have decided I really like it and want to go to the real .OTA .246, so I used RSD to flash .905 to get the update and now my phone doesn't work. Help! I'm not a noob, have not only rooted before but actually climbed a tree and ate real New York Cheesecake though not all at the same time. I have read the entire internet at least three times (though I still don't understand it) and that meany Sam guy won't answer my 62 PM's a hour!!

Crazebeats

Reaction score
So here's the deal, I went to .246 using HoB, I have decided I really like it and want to go to the real .OTA .246, so I used RSD to flash .905 to get the update and now my phone doesn't work. Help! I'm not a noob, have not only rooted before but actually climbed a tree and ate real New York Cheesecake though not all at the same time. I have read the entire internet at least three times (though I still don't understand it) and that meany Sam guy won't answer my 62 PM's a hour!!

Wtf leaked 246, hob 246, and ota 246 are the same. You can not go back to 905 after 246... Wow can see Sams frustration since his job instructions tell you not to try and rsd to 905 after going to 235 or higher

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wtf leaked 246, hob 246, and ota 246 are the same. You can not go back to 905 after 246... Wow can see Sams frustration since his job instructions tell you not to try and rsd to 905 after going to 235 or higher

Actually I think that dautley is posting that with tongue in cheek.