Happy Droid X Day

OP
ben.keen

ben.keen

Reaction score
I got mine this morning and now i have to wait till i get home from work to really play with it :(

still very happy to have one dancedroid

Congrats!! I'm going to be picking up the docking station for mine as well so while at work I have a way to charge it without just laying it on my desk. I had the Storm docking station and it just adds some class.

The more and more I read about what this device can do and my limited exposure to a demo model, I think I've made the right choose switching from a BlackBerry to the Droid X...

intodeep

Reaction score
I got mine this morning and now i have to wait till i get home from work to really play with it :(

Congrats!! I'm going to be picking up the docking station for mine as well so while at work I have a way to charge it without just laying it on my desk. I had the Storm docking station and it just adds some class.

The more and more I read about what this device can do and my limited exposure to a demo model, I think I've made the right choose switching from a BlackBerry to the Droid X...

THanks!
i am going to look into one of those as well. :)

OP
ben.keen

ben.keen

Reaction score

THanks!
i am going to look into one of those as well. :)

Here is the link to the one from VZW...Enter your location

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
Congrads on all I just got home with my Droid X it is now fully charging....I bought the screen cover, the leather pouch case and I will buy the car charger....what is everyone else buying with the phone?

OP
ben.keen

ben.keen

Reaction score
Congrads on all I just got home with my Droid X it is now fully charging....I bought the screen cover, the leather pouch case and I will buy the car charger....what is everyone else buying with the phone?

I got the silcone case, car mount, and docking station...i think the device is too big for a belt carrying device so skipping the case but getting screen covers...

Lightninrod

Reaction score
I'm an eleven year VZW customer currently using a feature phone(Samsung Alias 2--since 05/09) and their cheapest monthly plan. Therefore, I'm not 'due' anything from VZW. I'm in my tenth month of my 24 month contract.

I just turned 71 on the 12th and have decided I want my first ever smart phone. I have been religiously following the Droid X(after the Storm, the Storm 2, and the Droid) and more recently, the iphone 4.

Two wonderful things happened today; a $250.00 check arrived from the US Treasury. It came because I've spent a lot of money on drugs this year after having a triple-bypass operation in February and a liver resection/bile duct repair in April. Chemo will start next week.

The second thing that happened is the reason for this post. I called *611 this afternoon and after getting to a person(Joanne), I asked her what my ETF would if I left VZW this month. I'd already figured it at $105(original ETF of $175 with a $5.00 credit for each month under contract) and she confirmed it. As I hoped, she asked why I wanted to leave VZW and I told her that I wanted my first smart phone and I had narrowed my choices down to the X or the iphone 4. I knew I was only in to my 24 month contract for 14 months and I understood why I was not due for an upgrade so I was checking on what it would cost me to go to AT&T.

She then said "Would it be okay if I asked my supervisor about an upgrade for you?"... Uh, yes that would be fine with me but I doubted she would be able to do anything. Joanne then said that her supervisor was at a meeting but she would text her and then she would text me with her answer. If the answer was "yes", my VZW account would show the new date instead of the current contract date(s).

Here is the text I received a few minutes ago:

FREE VZW MSG-DO NOT REPLY: You are now eligible to upgrade.

REBEL YELL!

Here is the info/date on my VZW account:

Eligible for an upgrade on 07/15/2010

Current Phone: Samsung Alias™ 2

Plan: NATIONWIDE 65 PLUS 200 MINUTES $29.99 110

Mighty fine day today for sure. Now I have to decide if I'm going to the corp. store here or order online as I did my A 2. Probably will end up at the store or is the activation fairly straight forward(I have Backup Assistant)?

OP
ben.keen

ben.keen

Reaction score
I'm an eleven year VZW customer currently using a feature phone(Samsung Alias 2--since 05/09) and their cheapest monthly plan. Therefore, I'm not 'due' anything from VZW. I'm in my tenth month of my 24 month contract.

I just turned 71 on the 12th and have decided I want my first ever smart phone. I have been religiously following the Droid X(after the Storm, the Storm 2, and the Droid) and more recently, the iphone 4.

Two wonderful things happened today; a $250.00 check arrived from the US Treasury. It came because I've spent a lot of money on drugs this year after having a triple-bypass operation in February and a liver resection/bile duct repair in April. Chemo will start next week....

Keep in mind, if you order from the website you get the rebate instantly rather than having to mail in the reciept and label from the box then having to wait a few weeks for the card to come in the mail....