Happy Droid X Day

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by ben.keen, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well today is the day...the Droid X is finally up on VZW's website. I just order mine which will be replacing my BlackBerry Tour. I'm sure there are ups and downs to the device, the biggest "downer" for me is the overall size of the device but to be honest, if the device only has a virtual on-screen keyboard I rather have a larger screen to allow enough space for a good size keyboard and text editing area. Either way, I figure if I'm going to up into this whole Droid thing I might as well jump in with both feet so here we go.

I have to say, like always, the reps at VZW's phone service were great and ordering online was easy (that way I get the instant rebate rather than having to mail everything in). So all I have to do now is sit and wait and see what happens.

2. mightyjosephpaul

mightyjosephpaul New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered mine

I just ordered my droid X today as well. Everything went very smooth. I did order the car holder which may of been a mistake when the extended battery comes out. We will see. Maybe I can return it.

3. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm holding off on buying anything else for it until I know I'm going to keep it. I played around with a demo model a few days ago and that is when I made my decision to get it but you never know for sure until you get it out in the wild and see how it works for yourself everyday. Either way, I'm excited and after all the things I've read and heard about Droids from a lot of people I think I made the right choose.

4. intodeep

intodeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm buying my first droid device today! I'm going to the store in 2 hours and hoping they have one I can buy.

i'm pretty excited. I've never purchased a phone the day it came out but i really want a smart phone. I held out a long time because i liked the iphone and did not think verizon had much to offer that was close to it. I was probably wrong about that, but I really feel this phone is sharp and i'm excited to check use it.

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    You're going to wonder what took you so long to order a Droid (possibly your contract). I was so glad to switch from my Blackberry Storm 2 to a Droid. Blackberry seems to be a generation behind technology wise.

Hope you do enjoy it when you get it. Expect a huge learning curve and forget everything you ever learned about Blackberry. This is a different world.

6. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The one thing that held me back was of course my contract with Verizon but the other thing was that the law firm I work for (doing IT/BlackBerry support) does not support any Droid based devices because of the lack of security (which is being corrected with 2.2 thankfully). Well after looking at the Incredible and then the X I said to heck with it. I'm sick of my corporate emails hitting my personal device on the weekend and I want something that doesn't lock up every 20 minutes resulting in a battery pull followed by a 7 minute boot up. I'll still support BlackBerrys and I feel BlackBerrys are (for right now) the best device for a corporate user but I'm ready. The only thing is when I ordered my Droid X from VZW the over night shipping wasn't a choose so I'm going to call the Internet Sales department and see what they can do for me.

7. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0

I know most stores have a good number of devices on hand for today. VZW learned a good lesson with the Incredible and they didn't want another new device to hit the back order list after 10 minutes. I was lucky enough to have an upgrade on one of my lines so I ordered it online and got the 100 buck rebate and than charged the $199 to my account. There was no way I could drop the 600 buck off the shelf price...LOL

8. chikibabe

chikibabe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got an appointment at 11:30 to pick up my X from best buy across my work..uber excited :D apparently, they have the same problem, as in not getting as much as they thought they would in supply..lucky i was third in line so i'm guaranteed to have one.

9. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome congrats! Unfortuanlly, I have to wait a few days for mine since I ordered mine off the internet from VZW but I rather save the 100 bucks the only down side is that you have to wait a few days. Oh well, I'll just have to survive the weekend with my BlackBerry LOL.

10. PhDCow

PhDCow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have good luck with the VZ kiosk at my local BJs. They open at 9 and I'm going to be there waiting.

11. mightyjosephpaul

mightyjosephpaul New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression that I am going to get the phone tomorrow by overnight. Am I too optimistic?

12. ShadowDroid

ShadowDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    shhhh thats the secret place to go dont blow up their spot HAHA.....well I am picking up my phone at 11 from this undisclosed place and hopefully will have it home by noon............excited yes....now just have to figure out how everything syncs....first droid device for me

13. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0

No you can have it tomorrow I was just an idiot and hit the wrong button but thats okay because my order is filled and now its just a waiting game...guess i'll be doing more homework on here.

14. intodeep

intodeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine this morning and now i have to wait till i get home from work to really play with it :(

still very happy to have one dancedroid

15. Dark Helmut

Dark Helmut Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i order mine as well should be coming tomorrow i got it for my brother im gonna stick with the original for now as i like the real keyboard but i am gonna mess around with x before i give it to him

Search tags for this page

email from donotreply@vzw.net