Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
AWESOME! can you find it on the site or will you have to go in-store? I will do whatever i have to, to pre order this phone, specially from best buy.

OP
Veritech_910

Veritech_910

Reaction score
I looked on their website but didn't see anything. I will keep checking but ultimately if I don't find it I will go to the store after work today :)

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
I am chatting with one of the mobile support women online right now, She said there was no information on the Droid x preorder, i then mentioned the press release, and she has been "checking on it" for like 10 minutes lol

just4747

Reaction score
I posted this in another forum as well....

I don't understand.

So if I am a current Verizon customer- my discounted phone upgrade date is in September and my current contract ends on Jan 4th, 2011-
how would this Best Buy pre-order work for me?

I am already unsure how the phone price would go for me at VZW since no one seems to know for sure whether they are going to give just people with contracts ending in 2010 the $199 price or if that includes people who just have an upgrade in 2010.

So how will it go at Best Buy?? What will I end up paying for the phone if I pre-order for $50 today (if that's right) and have the VZW upgrade and contract-end dates I mentioned above??

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
From what i understand, you will only be putting 50 dollars towards a gift card that will be used for the phone when it releases. No contract changes today, all the changes will be on july 15

just4747

Reaction score
Yeah but comparing the Verizon deals where they either give you the discounted price for contract end date or upgrade date (whichever they really mean, or both), how will it work at Best Buy?

If my situation is as described above with my dates coming up, and I pay $50 to pre-order at BB today, what will I be paying at Best Buy on the phone's release date?

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im going through the same thing. My annual upgrade is 09/10 while my NE2 upgrade is 06/11 but my contract ends in 11/11. And the mobile BB site says my contract isnt eligble for upgrade till 06/11 =(

Someone posted BB doesnt go by your annual upgrade so I might be out of luck. I hope that isn't true though as I really want to go afterwork tonight to put down my pre-order

mazz0310

Reaction score
After buying the droid 1 from bestbuy and having a ton of trouble with them I refuse to buy another phone from them.

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
That i'm not sure about, all i know is that after the 50$ gift card you get you'll owe 150 for the phone and whatever fees are with your account, not to mention no 100$ mail in rebate so that would help if you do have any fees from an early upgrade.

And just reserves my DROID X, first at my best buy so they said I will have the first appointment to pick it up on the 15th! My first Droid! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

opcenter

Reaction score
That i'm not sure about, all i know is that after the 50$ gift card you get you'll owe 150 for the phone and whatever fees are with your account, not to mention no 100$ mail in rebate so that would help if you do have any fees from an early upgrade.

And just reserves my DROID X, first at my best buy so they said I will have the first appointment to pick it up on the 15th! My first Droid! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Just to clarify, it's $150 for the phone if you use the gift card for that. The gift card is just a regular Best Buy gift card, so you can use it for something else before then. Either way, Best Buy wants $199 when you show up to pick up the phone.

I was also the first at my store, but the guy said there weren't any appointments for it, just that my info would be attached to the first phone in the pile, so I was guaranteed to get one and that I could pick it up at any time on the release day. :)

(also my first Droid!!) :)

PorcPuffer

Reaction score

Just to clarify, it's $150 for the phone if you use the gift card for that. The gift card is just a regular Best Buy gift card, so you can use it for something else before then. Either way, Best Buy wants $199 when you show up to pick up the phone.

I was also the first at my store, but the guy said there weren't any appointments for it, just that my info would be attached to the first phone in the pile, so I was guaranteed to get one and that I could pick it up at any time on the release day. :)

(also my first Droid!!) :)

Good point on the gift card. although not sure if the lady just mis spoke or what but she said that I would have to bring the gift card in when I pick up the phone, Not sure what is correct, not a big deal to me cus I was planning on using it anyway.