Handcent or SMS Popup?

warning9

Reaction score
I searched the forum and found a topic from last year. I wanted to see if anyone has a different opinion since the apps have updated since then.

So how about it, Hancent or SMS Popup?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before I'd swear by handcent, but after realizing u don't really us a lot of the features on it, I dumped it for a modified stock messenger app (root only).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
warning9

warning9

Reaction score
I was thinking about it, and I think the only feature in handcent I would use is the ability to change the notifications per person. I have a few people who send me a lot of text message forwards (5+ per day) that don't need my immediate attention... I thought it would be nice to silence those specific people. I don't think SMS Popup offers that feature.

warrior21

Reaction score
I have always used handcent and the only other app I have tried is chomp. I don't use the popup feature with handcent.

yorkwall

Reaction score
Its been a few months since I used Handcent, I loved it but it was so slow. I mean I just felt it was really laggy compared to SMS Popup. So I moved to SMS Popup and haven't looked back.

D

davidjmorin

I searched the forum and found a topic from last year. I wanted to see if anyone has a different opinion since the apps have updated since then.

So how about it, Hancent or SMS Popup?

I have tried them all and Handcent is by far the best choice for this.

rusray

Reaction score
I was thinking about it, and I think the only feature in handcent I would use is the ability to change the notifications per person. I have a few people who send me a lot of text message forwards (5+ per day) that don't need my immediate attention... I thought it would be nice to silence those specific people. I don't think SMS Popup offers that feature.

I can't seem to find that feature. Point me in the right direction?

Handcent was the first app I downloaded when I powered my Droid on. I've tried a few other sms replacements, but I've always returned to Handcent, and recommend it to anyone that gets a new Droid!

rusray

Reaction score
Scratch that, I found it. Wasn't paying attention, haha.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I use QRB, custom bubbles, music, notifications on Handcent. I dont have any issues with it.
I like the fact you can customize your sms. Thas just me, tho.