Handcent or SMS Popup?

appdaddy

Reaction score
I've used handscent, i loved it... But I like how chomp lets you send ANY sized file... handscent stops at 3mb or something.... Had troubles sending certain sound bytes... but chomp is great for sending soundbytes and what not. but if you don't send a lot of "ringtones" then handscent is the way to go.

Blaster

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Hancent by far... much better customization than any other sms that i have used

xious

Reaction score
I was using Handcent for awhile but had too many random issues with MMS. So I switched to SMS Popup cause that was the biggest feature I liked about Handcent. As far as that feature goes, I like the view and customization on SMS Popup. You can change the three buttons on the text popup to do just about anything you want. I haven't used Handcent in awhile, so I don't know if they have added that.

I was thinking about it, and I think the only feature in handcent I would use is the ability to change the notifications per person. I have a few people who send me a lot of text message forwards (5+ per day) that don't need my immediate attention... I thought it would be nice to silence those specific people. I don't think SMS Popup offers that feature.

SMS Popup has this feature. You can add custom notifications for any contact you want, down to whether the popup even appears, what sound, vibration, and color of the LED you want.

The only feature I miss from Handcent is the iPhone-like style of putting the sender's texts on one side and my texts on the other. I read somewhere that there is a hacked version of the stock SMS app that allows you to do that, but I can't find it anywhere. I am running CM 5.0.6.2 and the stock SMS app has quite a few new settings, but that is not one of them.

X

Reaction score
I'm using SMS popup but the only feature that I wanted was the popup. To easy to overlook the notification bar when the phone is on silent. If you need more then that then SMSpopup isn't your solution.