Handcent I hate you right now

m@tt

Reaction score
Really why in the world did this dev think was great idea to remove all my text messages? Now I am missing all my texts and have ads in the settings.

*Note to others don't dl the new update to handcent*

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never happened here....and I doubt the developer meant for this to happen.
Have you contacted him and reported this?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Really why in the world did this dev think was great idea to remove all my text messages? Now I am missing all my texts and have ads in the settings.

Thank you I will keep the version of handcent I have.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I back up my texts in Mybackup Pro before i ever install updates. Maybe you should try this :D just sayin....

cisco0910

Reaction score
The handcent update from last week? It didn't happen to me either. The ads,....i don't blame him if he's getting some money for it. He gives us this app for free.

old no. 7

Reaction score
I haven't done the update, but for future reference, SMS Backup and Restore is a great thing to use. I back up daily.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok after hearing a couple of people having success i just updated and I have not lost any convo. And the ads are only in the setting and I already have it customized so I am not concerned about the few times im in the settings and seeing ads.

kmasum

Reaction score
I had no problem with this new update and add only shows up on setting screen, I don't find it annoying at all

BzB

Reaction score
Updated mine and haven't lost them.......

+1

it's disappointing to see when users have issues and automatically blame the app/developer. most of the time there's some underlying issue that caused their problems.

...and i never go into the settings anyway. if the op didn't mention it i never woulda known. lol

Magdroid

Reaction score
LOL, OMG! Ads in the Settings Menu!!!! My phone will not ever operate the same again! J/K. I never even look at the settings menu. No complaints from me. He keeps it free, can't complain about free.