Handcent Vibration NOT working even when enabled.

Laramie

Reaction score
I have the auto stuff/notifications for the default messaging app disabled.

Everything is done through Handcent. When the ring volume is at any level, and vibration notifications in Handcent is set to "Always", I still get nothing when receiving a text.

I downloaded missed call, but then I get double notification bar alerts, I don't want that.

I did a search and seems like some people have this issue but no real answer to why?

M

Matth3w

What is your notifications in your stock messaging app set to? are they turned off completely as they should be?

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
What is your notifications in your stock messaging app set to? are they turned off completely as they should be?

- Delivery Reports OFF
- Notifications OFF
- Vibration below Notifications unchecked (still doesn't work in handcent checked or unchecked)

I don't know the problem. If i set vibration in Handcent for a single contact, or in the global settings, Only on Vibrate or Always, it will not vibrate, don't recall it working since I first installed Handcent.

M

Matth3w

Odd, I've never had this problem. Do you have any third party profile apps installed like Quick Profiles or Night Ringer?

M

Matth3w

I'm at a loss then. Uninstall Handcent and see if you get vibrations from the stock messaging app. If you do, then you know the problem is handcent. If not, it's something else you've done or got on your phone.

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
I'm at a loss then. Uninstall Handcent and see if you get vibrations from the stock messaging app. If you do, then you know the problem is handcent. If not, it's something else you've done or got on your phone.

Reinstalled, still nothing. I still get haptic vibration on keypress, will vibrate when I use the volume rocker to set from silent to vibrate, etc. But still no Handcent vibration.

I don't have any home switcher, launcher, etc type apps installed, no extra sms or notification apps, JUST Handcent.

M

Matth3w

Don't reinstall it. UNINSTALL it. See if you get vibrations from the OEM messaging application. Don't re-install the application.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Are you positive it its only Handcent?

I had the problem where I lost ALL vibrate from calls and messaging. The phone had haptic feedback and the volumn key would have the vibe but thephone wouldn't vibrate.

An application had changed master settings that we can't access ourselves and it got stuck with no vibrate, it's a short coming with the phone itself.

there is an app on the market for free you can download and rest the vibrate. I actually then removed the app once I had vibrate back and I've been fine ever since.

Edit: the app is called Volumn Control.
Edit 2: No it's not. Let me keep looking.

Last edited:
OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
K sent myself a few texts from Google Voice on my computer, still NO vibrate weather i'm in vibrate mode or full volume and yes vibrate is selected in the "Messaging" settings.

What app could be causing the conflict? I"m not rooted, 2.0.1, not a whole ton of apps, but no home/dock/switchers/launcher, no extra messaging or missed call, etc apps.

This is frustrating.

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Are you positive it its only Handcent?

I had the problem where I lost ALL vibrate from calls and messaging. The phone had haptic feedback and the volumn key would have the vibe but thephone wouldn't vibrate.

An application had changed master settings that we can't access ourselves and it got stuck with no vibrate, it's a short coming with the phone itself.

there is an app on the market for free you can download and rest the vibrate. I actually then removed the app once I had vibrate back and I've been fine ever since.

Edit: the app is called Volumn Control.
Edit 2: No it's not. Let me keep looking.

Name of app would be GREAT. I do have haptic feedback on keypress and for calls...just NOT for texts.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
the app is Sound Manager.

Any app that changes vibrate settings has the potential to over ride the phone.... There isn't a conflict with apps, it's the phone itself.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
If it's only texting this might not resolve your issue.

It's worth a shot though.

Handcent has between wonky for people too. If you can't find a fix, I would suggest emailing the author so he is aware there is issues.