Stuck in Silent Mode

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Last crazy question of the night!

I cannot get any ringer volume or SMS "Droooid" aural alert.

I can go Menu->settings->Sound and select/de-select vibrate, but cannot uncheck silent mode.
Have Handcent-don't see anything to change. Notifications is checked, vibrate set to always, default ring tone selected.
Have Native SMS-have notifications off to preclude the double-notification

What else have I neglected to check?? :confused:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try pressing 'up' the volume rocker... you might have the phone set on silent :)

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I wish I could have deleted before you posted! Kinda embarrassed, now. Not the rocker. But, a case of too many apps.

I downloaded an app with slider bars for different functions--alarm, in-call, system, ringer, notification, media volumes. I had it at zero on ringer. I do not remember doing that. Oh well, I really do appreciate the time it took to reply. Sorry for your trouble, but the help is appreciated.! And, I guess I need to delete that app :mad:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish I could have deleted before you posted! Kinda embarrassed, now. Not the rocker. But, a case of too many apps.

I downloaded an app with slider bars for different functions--alarm, in-call, system, ringer, notification, media volumes. I had it at zero on ringer. I do not remember doing that. Oh well, I really do appreciate the time it took to reply. Sorry for your trouble, but the help is appreciated.! And, I guess I need to delete that app :mad:

no embarrassment needed :) We all overlook things on this phone! Glad you figured it out!

HandDroid

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me last week.
No geek could figure it out.
So I solved it the same way I solved a problem with my digital camera.
I spotted a 12 year old in the grocery store. I walked up to him and asked him if he could get my ringer off silent mode. Evidently never seeing one before, he looked at it from all angles. Then handed it back to me with the ringer wide open, showing me how to fix the problem.