Handcent I hate you right now

FireDroid

Reaction score
No loss of convos here after update.

Just a question, why would you want to keep a bunch of texts? I usually delete mine after a couple days. If there is important info I put it where I need it then delete.

I guess I am just curious as to why.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Pardon my ingnorance but...what the obsession with saving texts? After while, I gt sick of scrolling through and simply delete them.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Handcent "ate" my texts once. I quit using a task killer, and haven't had a problem since. There was a lot of people a couple months back who were having the empty inbox issue, and the common factor was killing handcent with a task killer.

CatsTide

Reaction score
No loss of convos here after update.

Just a question, why would you want to keep a bunch of texts? I usually delete mine after a couple days. If there is important info I put it where I need it then delete.

I guess I am just curious as to why.

Pardon my ingnorance but...what the obsession with saving texts? After while, I gt sick of scrolling through and simply delete them.
i'm not obsessed with it but i never delete them.there's no scrolling to it.the newest text shows up at the bottom. every once in a while i find the need to scroll back on a convo to see what i or the other person said.

Mercuie

Reaction score
I like to keep all my texts because months down the line i'll be talking to a friend and i'll be like "you said this and this and blah blah" and they'll be like "no i didn't" and im like "yeah... you did" and they're all "no i didn't you're crazy!!!" and im like "bam here is your 8 month old text" and they're like "oh..... yeah.. *red face*"

So in short, i like to be right and having all my past text insures i'll either be right, or look it up before hand so i don't say anything and be wrong. ^^!

And on topic, Handcent didn't delete my texts either. !

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
Really why in the world did this dev think was great idea to remove all my text messages? Now I am missing all my texts and have ads in the settings.

*Note to others don't dl the new update to handcent*
I didn't have that problem, my messages stayed put, but I wouldn't have noticed them going missing anyway, since I don't bother keeping them.

as for the ads, at least he confines them to the settings menu, he could have plastered them all over the conversation and thread screens too.

NoKz

Reaction score
I use SMS Popup and have Handcent installed JUST to send photos with the auto resize feature. That's it. LOL.

rusray

Reaction score
When I went to update handcent, the reviews were being one star'd because of the TINY ad window in a screen you rarely use, yet people were making such a huge deal over it. I understand you don't like ads, and I sympathize for sure. I have seen rampart pirating of Android apps though, which would worry me if I were a developer. Sure you might pay, but 50 other people might not; you know you're going to get money from your little couple pixel ad.

I just think it's ridiculous to one star it over something so small. Especially when functionality didn't go down at all.

As for deleting texts: I've been using Handcent for a month or so now, and it has deleted exactly one of my texts. To me, that's a pretty good track record. haha

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never saved my sms messages or mms .... when my mail box filled up with my dumb phones I would just erase so I had room for more.

whats the big deal if your messages auto erase ?

I mean if you want some thing saved that's what emails are for right?

-=Jason=-

skidemn

Reaction score
I also lost all my messages when I updated Handcent. I had backed up some about 6 weeks prior so I learned a hard lesson from this- always backup before updating!

x25064

Reaction score
Eh, my text input just lags to hell on the new version of Handcent. Can't even properly type a sentence without waiting for it to catch up to me. I've switched back to default for now.